Franklin County at Woodford County Predictions/Updates 

DevilMayCare

Flyers vs Jackets   

31 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2021 at 11:00 PM

Flyers try to get back in the win column against a revitalized Woodford program

Records: Franklin County (2-2), Woodford County (4-0)

BGP Ranking: Franklin County (#6 in 4A), Woodford County (#8 in 5A)

Series History: Franklin County leads 24-20 all-time ; the Flyers have won the last twelve

Table Setter: The revival of Woodford County football has been one of the best stories around the state so far this season. The Yellow Jackets have rolled their opposition this year by an average of 43 points per game. Quarterback Bryce Patterson orchestrates a diverse offensive attack featuring Preston Stacy, Jackson Geilear, Aden Nelson, and Jacob Jackson. As potent as the offense has been, the defense is equally impressive, allowing just 25 total points thus far. That includes a shutout of Glasgow, who's been finding the end zone with regularity in the weeks since.

The buzz and momentum that Franklin County had going a couple of weeks ago has cooled considerably following back to back losses to Corbin and Ballard. Kaden Moorman and Co. are surely chomping at the bit to get back on the winning side of the scoreboard, but a trip to Versailles is no longer the sure thing it has been in year's past.

5moaut.thumb.jpg.13ea0be7540e76d0efea4a92ef4381a9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been waiting for this game all season. Friday nights are meant for games like this. 

Opponent Records: 

WC Opponents: 6-10

FC Opponents: 9-6

Every great story has a plot twist and this should be the plot twist for each of these teams. WC is undefeated for the first time since who knows when and will be tested for the first time this season against a physical Flyer Defense. FC is coming off two losses to who could be two of the best teams in the state in their classes, and it appears the Flyers have been humbled a bit after that week one celebration. The Flyers could turn it around with a solid win showing the state they have resettled and are ready for district play and the playoffs. The Jackets could continue full head of steam and remain undefeated showing us all they deserve to be mentioned in the 5A chatter. 

An old history teacher once told me to "Rely on history because it always repeats itself!"

History says: Since the battle of US-60 has been renewed in 2007, WC has only won this game one time in 2008. The Flyers would only win one game the following year the Flyers would go 1-9 only beating the Jackets. 

I never been much of a history buff, but I have always been a fan of the underdog.

Everything says roll with the Flyers but something is telling me different and I cant wait to see what the buzz is about!

Give me the Jackets! 🐝

WC: 28

FC: 24

• Like 2