BluegrassPreps Class 4A Football Rankings 8/23

TheDeuce

Class 4A

1. Johnson Central at #6 Lexington Catholic

2. Boyle County vs. 2A #2 Lexington Christian (8/28)

3. Corbin at 5A Whitley County

4. Franklin County vs. 3A Western Hills

5. Central vs. 6A #2 St. Xavier

6. Lexington Catholic vs. #1 Johnson Central

7. Lincoln County at 2A #5 Danville (8/28)

8. Letcher County Central vs. David Crockett (TN)

9. Hopkinsville vs. 2A #3 Mayfield

10. John Hardin at 3A #6 Bardstown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardin County Preps said:

John Hardin has a huge test this Friday in their matchup with Bardstown. This matchup will go a long way in determining if John Hardin is back as a program to be taken seriously. Doug Preston is a proven winner and I believe that he can take John to the next level. 

Our biggest challenge currently is getting every starter on the field at the same time. I like our team but we were missing some kids last Friday night and will be missing more this coming Friday for a variety of reasons. The positive from that is that backups and sometimes freshman (we started a couple last Friday and played some more as back ups) get live varsity reps. Hopefully we can hold off Covid and other injuries this season. I think many schools are in the same situation currently. Thanks for the positive outlook. We just try to keep our head down and get better daily. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Coach Preston said:

Our biggest challenge currently is getting every starter on the field at the same time. I like our team but we were missing some kids last Friday night and will be missing more this coming Friday for a variety of reasons. The positive from that is that backups and sometimes freshman (we started a couple last Friday and played some more as back ups) get live varsity reps. Hopefully we can hold off Covid and other injuries this season. I think many schools are in the same situation currently. Thanks for the positive outlook. We just try to keep our head down and get better daily. 

Thanks for your outlook. I always enjoy when coaches get on here and tell us their point of view. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

Unpopular Opinion: The birds of the capital city deserve a higher nod than 4. Especially after rolling Scott like they did. Flyers will be 2-0 heading into a week 3 matchup with Corbin.  I expect the FC to roll on Corbin. 

I heard that. How bad will they roll Corbin you think? I’ll say this if they do, no one will get close to them this year. 

I think it’s safe to say Franklin played the best teams last year and almost beat them all. No reason to think they can’t do it now either. Very good team. So is Corbin. Unlike Franklin, we have to win a game against the top 5 to get some respect. Franklin already has the respect, we don’t. That game should be a good measuring stick for both teams. Don worry, I have already heard, we don’t have a chance. We shall see. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

I think it’s safe to say Franklin played the best teams last year and almost beat them all. No reason to think they can’t do it now either. Very good team. So is Corbin. Unlike Franklin, we have to win a game against the top 5 to get some respect. Franklin already has the respect, we don’t. That game should be a good measuring stick for both teams. Don worry, I have already heard, we don’t have a chance. We shall see. 

I don’t think you are trying to take a shot at Franklin, but they did have the most impressive win of the 2020 season, at Reigning 4A State champ Johnson Central. 

• Like 1