New THS player???

In the past ten years there have only been a handful of kids that have transfered in to Trinity and played sports. In recent years a number have decided to transfer out. St.X got most of those.

I knew this to be true but was hesitant to post because I did not want it to be misconstrued as trying to stir something up. Out of nothing more than curiosity I am interested what do "in the know" fans such as yourself attribute to this fact? One of my closest friends had a son who transferred in to Trinity a couple of years ago and ended up quitting football altogether (which I felt was a huge mistake) and I have wondered if missing the first 2 years of learning the Trinity scheme has such a big effect or it is a case by case basis dependent upon the individual and their own attitude/abilities. If it is being behind in the "scheme" it seems that it would deter potential transfer-ins. It is not like the Rocks are searching for spare parts to fix something that isn't broke. Like I said, just curious.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this to be true but was hesitant to post because I did not want it to be misconstrued as trying to stir something up. Out of nothing more than curiosity I am interested what do "in the know" fans such as yourself attribute to this fact? One of my closest friends had a son who transferred in to Trinity a couple of years ago and ended up quitting football altogether (which I felt was a huge mistake) and I have wondered if missing the first 2 years of learning the Trinity scheme has such a big effect or it is a case by case basis dependent upon the individual and their own attitude/abilities. If it is being behind in the "scheme" it seems that it would deter potential transfer-ins. It is not like the Rocks are searching for spare parts to fix something that isn't broke. Like I said, just curious.

I don't know football as well as some on here think they do :lol: but I would assume after watching several Trinity games each of the past few years that it woul dbe VERY hard to transfer in and learn the system on offense. It's amazing to watch. They must have 25 plays off each formation. But I dunno what do some faithful Rockwatchers think?

I don't know football as well as some on here think they do :lol: but I would assume after watching several Trinity games each of the past few years that it woul dbe VERY hard to transfer in and learn the system on offense. It's amazing to watch. They must have 25 plays off each formation. But I dunno what do some faithful Rockwatchers think?

I was referring to LSU's knowledge of the Trinity program and not being sarcastic. It's hard for some to understand, but he and a few other Shamrock BGP'ers tend to post things about Rock football based on fact with emotion rather than just simply emotion. The method he chooses to express facts & opinions may ruffle feathers at times (intentionally?:D ), but you can usually count on the info being accurate and researched. I like to say that when playing chess, it is better to be a player in the match than a gamepiece being played so my feathers tend to stay intact more often than not and I usually get a chuckle out the barbs instead of my blood pressure rising. Success on the field by the kids tends to bring out temporary posters on this site that would prefer to "trash" rather than exchange opinions/facts. Those "temps", if you will, tend to ride off into the sunset when their rival opponent is on top or until their team gets back to the victory lane. There are alot of Tiger fans on here that post on fact as well, but you can notice that from September 04 to December 05, St. X had their fair share of "temps" on here too. What is it-Only the strong survive?-:D

Well XTiger, you asked for it so here it goes. I don't think Trinity currently embraces transfers. Any potential newcomer would find themselves behind in the learning curve and without much credibility with coaching staff. Any kid that would transfer for "football reasons" to get a "better shot" etc. wouldn't find Trinity a very attractive new home. This may be good or bad, I really don't have much of an opinion on the matter. So if a kid is going to make a change and become a Rock, I would say it would have to be done as a freshman or be willing to drop to the bottom of the depth chart. On the other hand Coach Glaser seems to embrace any and all transfers from Trinity. There are quite a few kids that didn't feel they were "getting their shot" at Trinity and found playing time or even a starting role at X. If you would like to discuss any by name I would suggest we do so in PMs. JMO.

Well XTiger, you asked for it so here it goes. I don't think Trinity currently embraces transfers. Any potential newcomer would find themselves behind in the learning curve and without much credibility with coaching staff. Any kid that would transfer for "football reasons" to get a "better shot" etc. wouldn't find Trinity a very attractive new home. This may be good or bad, I really don't have much of an opinion on the matter. So if a kid is going to make a change and become a Rock, I would say it would have to be done as a freshman or be willing to drop to the bottom of the depth chart. On the other hand Coach Glaser seems to embrace any and all transfers from Trinity. There are quite a few kids that didn't feel they were "getting their shot" at Trinity and found playing time or even a starting role at X. If you would like to discuss any by name I would suggest we do so in PMs. JMO.

Your explanation pretty much was what I had speculated, especially for offensive players with the return of Coach Coverdale and his schemes. I have a hard time seeing how a HS player could jump in midway and grasp the complexity. Coach Cov purposely took a large contingency of X players (my son included) under his wing at the Bishop Dallaghan camp a few summers ago and they all came away amazed with his knowledge. I didn't list names for a reason in my previous post and will PM you to get the skinny on one particular case. Thanks for the input.

Welcome Shamrock Watcher....

I would look for Andy to dabble on the defensive front, Donovan will likely play DB or Receiver (we are ok at RB), Zach will likely stay on the OL.

RP, Are you sure about that?

I'm not trying to fan any flames here, but Zack told me when he decided to leave St. X, that he was promised that he would move to tight end? That was a big item on his list of reasons for leaving.:irked:

I'm not trying to fan any flames here, but Zack told me when he decided to leave St. X, that he was promised that he would move to tight end? That was a big item on his list of reasons for leaving.:irked:

In Trinity's offense, o-linemen don't play TE, unless they can catch, are fast and about 185 pounds.

I don't believe that anyone at T would have promised any transfer anything. In addition I have my doubts that Zach will ever play for the Rocks at this point, JMO. I would hope that he didn't leave X for the long shot chance of playing only his senior year at T. T returns 5 underclassmen that have started at one time or another at O-line. I understand that Zach didn't want to gain as much weight as he was told he needed to to have a shot at playing O-line at X. The Tigers like their O-linemen up around 300# while T likes them in the 220#-240# range. Different strokes for different folks.

I think that it is a case by case basis, I think that most kids, if they come in and drown themselves in our system, they should pick it up soon. Now, QB wise, that would be hard, the other positions just have to take care of their pre-snap reads, and their individual responsibilities.

I've established messaging with a BGP who appears to know a lot about the team and this young man told me Andy and Zach both want to play on the line, while Donovan hasn't made any clear choice. In my opinoin none of this matters due to the fact that Mr. Beatty makes these decisions. Thanks for the welcome Jimmyref. LSU have any solid facts on this situation?

In Trinity's offense, o-linemen don't play TE, unless they can catch, are fast and about 185 pounds.

I don't believe that anyone at T would have promised any transfer anything. In addition I have my doubts that Zach will ever play for the Rocks at this point, JMO. I would hope that he didn't leave X for the long shot chance of playing only his senior year at T. T returns 5 underclassmen that have started at one time or another at O-line. I understand that Zach didn't want to gain as much weight as he was told he needed to to have a shot at playing O-line at X. The Tigers like their O-linemen up around 300# while T likes them in the 220#-240# range. Different strokes for different folks.

Down Guys! You both took my words WAY too personally. I didn't say I agree with his statement, all I did was repeat what he said. In fact I agree with LSU, I doubt him ever playing the game again, RockPride is the one who said he would play the O-line.

I'm with LSU, I doubt any coach (especially Mr. Beatty) would make any kind of promise to a transfer. I also believe that a transfer wouldn't tell anyone of a "promise" being made.