Final 2006 Massey Ratings

colonel-fan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my theory but, I've got to think the system needs to be tweeked when there are 0-10 teams ahead of teams with 3 or 4 wins. I don't care who you beat or what class you're in, if you win no games you get to be behind teams that have wins.

:laugh:

I didn't look at all the rankings, just the top 5-10 in each class. Did this really happen? If so, then that is quite funny.:lol:

Ok, I went back and looked and all I can say is.....Wow, 0-9 Fulton City ranked over 7-4 McLean Cty.

I know nothing about either team, so I can't really say if Fulton City would beat Mclean or not. But makes you think about these computer based rankings.

Ok, I went back and looked and all I can say is.....Wow, 0-9 Fulton City ranked over 7-4 McLean Cty.

I know nothing about either team, so I can't really say if Fulton City would beat Mclean or not. But makes you think about these computer based rankings.

Fulton City was 7-0 before having to forfeit their first seven games for some reason. Massey still shows them outscoring their opponents 299-129, so I suspect the forfeits were not accounted for. I can see a 7-2 team being ranked just slightly better than a 7-4 team.

Fulton City and McLean County had one common opponent ... Fulton beat Ballard Memorial 52-21. McLean beat Ballard 28-14.

Fulton used an ineligible player in their seven wins, so they forfeited the games. It cost them a #2 seed in the playoffs.

I think people underestimate the motivation being snubbed in these polls and rankings have provided the Rocks over the past few seasons. The Lit ratings never seemed to give Trinity their due all season, the boys saw it and proved them wrong. Looks like the Rocks just received a little boost for the off-season heading into the quest for #18. Keep doubting.:thumb:

Fulton City was 7-0 before having to forfeit their first seven games for some reason. Massey still shows them outscoring their opponents 299-129, so I suspect the forfeits were not accounted for. I can see a 7-2 team being ranked just slightly better than a 7-4 team.

Like I said, I know nothing about either school. I think there are many other examples I could've used. 1-9 Scott for instance, look below them, I'm sure you'll find a few teams that had winning records below them.