Is Boyle County the best team, not just in 4A but the entire state?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good team who lost to a slightly better team. The best team in KY will probably be determined tomorrow in 6A just like every year.

I still insist this was a special Rebel team who just happened to run into a special Johnson Central team who happened to have an extra chip on their shoulder.

It is worth mentioning that when this Boyle County Senior class entered 9th Grade there were several people expecting a 4-peat. The Rebels certainly have to be happy with the ring they won, but they fell short of some of those prognostications.

Right now, based on the games so far I have seen, I’d personally say CovCath 1, JC 2, Boyle 3, FD 4, Belfry 5, Somerset 6, Mayfield 7, Pikeville 8, Bell 9, Paintsville 10. Just my observations of a single game set.

You forgot to put Male and Trinity in that list. Me I'd say CovCath (I'm biased), Male or Trinity and JC as the top 3. Excellent top 10 selection for sure and way better than last year imo.

Edit: Didn't read the part where you said "games so far".

Good catch on the edit, I was already writing my mental reply before I saw the bottom! Mayer has been the most impressive individual talent I have seen, not really sure the 6A will change my mind. Physical specimen. I was wondering if I could spot him just looking at the field. Yes. Yes, I could. Head taller than anyone else. Man among boys. Better on D than O. No slouch on O, but he lays the wood on D. Those are hits you HEAR, not just see. I’m sure the 6A champ is very likely the best team in the state, as is true about every year given size and talent pool, and likely their runner up

is number two. But the “who was the best at finals” is always fun speculation. Regardless, I’m just ecstatic that my JC Golden Eagles can even be mentioned in this conversation these days. When I was a student there, we weren’t the best team in Johnson County, much less top tier in the state.

It's never a good idea to ask the, "is this the best team" question before the season is over. Usually the question gets answered in time.

For the record the person who started it isn’t a Boyle County fan and was asking a genuine question as a fan of high school football. No harm in the conversation.

Also, had Boyle County won on Saturday the question still wouldn’t have a definite answer.