Matchups fans would like to see

Diogenes

There are a few schools, some located close to one another, that do not play one another in a regularly scheduled series. The matchups seem to be naturals. Does anyone know if any of these matchups are in the works, and if not, why not.

Male v. Trinity-Perenial 4A powers whose last two meetings have been games for the ages. They are located within 10 miles of one another. Each had a relatively weak non-district schedule this year. A Poppa Johns matchup would draw huge crowds, but forget the attendance- what Kentucky HS fan would not look forward to this clash. For the past twenty years they have been among the elite football powers in the state. What gives? Why no series?

Central v. Western-Super athletic, high scoring schools with similar enrollments, situated within 10 miles of one another. Bring a calculater to the game to keep tally after the scoreboard blows.

Johnson Central v. Bell or Rockcastle County-An intersectional rivalry between Eastern Kentucky powers would rev up fan interest (as if necessary in these hotbeds of HS football) and give much needed preperation to these teams for when they inevitably meet a NKY or WKy 3A power in the playoffs.

Russell v. Belfry-The bully boys of EKY 2A. Neither has a particularly loaded schedule, and an early season slugfest between these titans could set the tone for the season in 2A.

Mercer County v. Lex Catholic-Newly created school/football power was criticized for being much larger than schools in its class and for a flaccid schedule. Lex Cath, like Cov Cath, X, and Highlands, has a reputation for playing anybody, anywhere, anytime. Why not?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercer County v. Lex Catholic-Newly created school/football power was criticized for being much larger than schools in its class and for a flaccid schedule. Lex Cath, like Cov Cath, X, and Highlands, has a reputation for playing anybody, anywhere, anytime. Why not?

A "flaccid" schedule! Interesting term use!

CovCath vs Lou St. X and Lou Trinity.... Why not play both!

I know with what I am about to type, some will get upset but.....It would be an easier two games than the present Cin. St. X and Cin. Elder games CovCath plays now. The only thing about changing is I would hate not getting to go to the Pit, and Cin. St. X High School Football Stadium is so nice..... But it would be pretty neat to play the Kentucky Schools sometime....

I know with what I am about to type, some will get upset but.....It would be an easier two games than the present Cin. St. X and Cin. Elder games CovCath plays now. The only thing about changing is I would hate not getting to go to the Pit, and Cin. St. X High School Football Stadium is so nice..... But it would be pretty neat to play the Kentucky Schools sometime....

How about a Monster Bowl with T, X, HHS, and CCH? :cool:

Think that would sell a few tickets?

The truth is the truth. For the most part, with the exception of Lex Cath, I tried to list schools who could stand a little more heft in their schedule. Looking at CovCath's schedule, it seems that you could lighten it by jettisoning the Ohio schools and adding UL and UK.:D