Russell 19 Belfry 0

By the way... on Jone's second TD pass when you watch the replay he got absolutely drilled by Hickman, yet delivered it on the money. That pass is just as impressive as his 3rd TD which was amazing itself.

His first down run on the bootleg he also RAN OVER Ivan Lee who is a big ole boy!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read in the update thread and some other places where some are questioning Belfry for coming out "flat" and not playing with desire. This is an insult to the entire Belfry team. They were fired up and playing hard. There defense was amazing. For someone who was not there and did not see the effort that those kids put into the game, to question that effort it is disgusting.

By the way... on Jone's second TD pass when you watch the replay he got absolutely drilled by Hickman, yet delivered it on the money. That pass is just as impressive as his 3rd TD which was amazing itself.

His first down run on the bootleg he also RAN OVER Ivan Lee who is a big ole boy!

Jones is a player. He is strong and he is tough. He is one hard son of gun to bring down. If he gets his shoulders turned up field you better get out of his way. He will not go backwards.

I have read in the update thread and some other places where some are questioning Belfry for coming out "flat" and not playing with desire. This is an insult to the entire Belfry team. They were fired up and playing hard. There defense was amazing. For someone who was not there and did not see the effort that those kids put into the game, to question that effort it is disgusting.

I agree... Belfry was not flat, they were caught off guard I believe by the different looks, and their momentum quickly was killed by the fumble on the opening posession, but at no point were they flat.

Jones is a player. He is strong and he is tough. He is one hard son of gun to bring down. If he gets his shoulders turned up field you better get out of his way. He will not go backwards.

Indeed... he is definately the X factor in this year's team. I felt both QB's did everything they could to keep their teams moving the ball despite the excelelnt run defenses. Belfry's Sophomore QB looked brilliant at times, but showed hsi youth at others.

I have a question:

When Clark was fieldng the punts he twice waited til the last second and dropped to a knee. From a spectator's standpoint he appeared to be fishing for a late hit against Belfry, but neither time he received it and instead took some pretty solid hits. Has he been doing this all season?

If I am a Devil fan I am worried that this could cause some serious risks.

He wasn't trying to draw a foul or anything, he just wanted to try and make something happen and when he found there was nothing he went to his knee where you're supposed to be safe but he was told by the coaches they didn't think it was a good idea that he did that anymore. He did it last week and ran for 80 yds, so he was just trying to make something happen. One of the punts though, he grabbed because he didn't want it to bounce back any further and when he turned around Belfry players were really close to him, so he dropped to protect the ball. It's not something he's been doing all year but it worked last week and he was just "testing the waters". He's always wanting to make plays, that's all.

Can someone explain the no call on the safety? I heard someone say it was a touchback because he never had control, but he touched it at about the 12yd line, and then it rolled into the endzone where he jumped on it and slid out of bounds? Wasn't a big factor in the game because Belfry fumbled shortly after, but I was just wandering if that was the correct call.

I was surprised to see the bickering between #6 and #11 after the personal foul. It looked like Haywood actually hit the kid when he got him over on the sideline. Did that really happen?

It surprised me too. These two kids are both fierce competitors. Nobody on that field gives more effort or has any more will to win than those two young men. They have always represented Belfry High School and this football team with class and we're all proud of them.

What they were arguing with each other about I don't know and I'll not speculate. No doubt their emotions got the best of them, and it was addressed promptly by the coaching staff.

As far as Coach Haywood hitting the player when he came out, no I didnt see that at all. He chewed him out pretty good and sat him out. And then the teammate that he was arguing with, came to the sideline to plead his case and brought him back out onto the field with him.

Belfry fans and administration - WOW what a spectacular facility. Incredible to say the least. The entire community I'm sure is proud of it. However, I did find one flaw. The bathrooms can not even come close to handling that kind of crowd. I suggest maybe a couple porta johns next time.

It surprised me too. These two kids are both fierce competitors. Nobody on that field gives more effort or has any more will to win than those two young men. They have always represented Belfry High School and this football team with class and we're all proud of them.

What they were arguing with each other about I don't know and I'll not speculate. No doubt their emotions got the best of them, and it was addressed promptly by the coaching staff.

As far as Coach Haywood hitting the player when he came out, no I didnt see that at all. He chewed him out pretty good and sat him out. And then the teammate that he was arguing with, came to the sideline to plead his case and brought him back out onto the field with him.

I know they must have been frustrated at that point in the game. I could tell #6 was just trying to get the other kid's head back into the game.

I cannot say enough about how much respect I have for the Belfry program year in and year out. And the facility was everything you guys touted, and more. I can't begin to imagine having that kind of complex to play in every week. What was your take on our crowd? It looked to me that there was not much room left seating or standing. Was this one of your biggest crowds for the CAM? I must say it didn't have the intmidation factor that the old Vipperman had though. It was just too nice!!! :thumb:

Probably the biggest crowd we have had. Our opening night, the Pike County Bowl, 2005 against Henry Clay may have been larger. But if it was, it wasn't by much.

Russell crowd was loud and into the game. Much respect on our side for our mirror image program on your side. :thumb: