Who should be the next Conner football Coach?

doubledeuce

I have talked to alot of other coaches and they have said they did not think Yeagle was a good fit either. They are a much larger school that cannot recruit players to come to a private school like Beechwood.

There are only a small handfull of coach's who can come close to matching

his success. Those are all still with their high school teams, except one he

now is an asst. at UK. His record more than speaks for itself.

Who out there is better qualified? None that I know of.

Having said all of that, I am still not confident Blevins will go outside of

the current staff to fill the position.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Beechwood recruiting they did not have to, alot of kids wanted to play for a winner and they went to Beechwood for Bernie Barre and Mike Yeagle and they will continue to flock to Beechwood with Noel Rash. It is the winning tradition that brings players from around NKY. Mike Yeagle or Mike Wolfe would be a great fit for Conner. Mike Yeagle is a player coach and can coach at any level, he has been offered several times to go to the next level and he decided to stay at the High School ranks. As for Mike Wolfe just go watch him coach at Ryle the enthusiasm and competitiveness really shows on the sidelines. Conner would be very luck to get one of these two young men to coach. I am not saying there are not other worthy coaches out there just show me the ones that want to put the time and effort into rebuilding a program as this school does have the talent and players in that part of Boone County. That area just keeps building and building and people are moving out there as it is close to everything including downtown. JD

I hope that Coach Wolfe gets it. He was great with us at NewCath and would put his heart and soul into it. When you mix his football knowledge with an incredible work ethic and love for his players, Wolfe would make a tremendously positive impact both on and off the field for Conner.

Yeagle would be the big name that the Conner program might be looking for but with that comes a lot of baggage. I'd be inclined to look towards Wolfe. He should have gotten the CCH job IMO.

The baggage that you speak of is extremely overstated . . . . . .

Not to mention the fact that that baggage has been history for a long time now.

As far as Wolfe goes, I think that he would also do a fine job. But I am not real sure that he would have been the right answer for Cov Cath at the time. Definitely in the future.

The baggage that you speak of is extremely overstated . . . . . .

Not to mention the fact that that baggage has been history for a long time now.

As far as Wolfe goes, I think that he would also do a fine job. But I am not real sure that he would have been the right answer for Cov Cath at the time. Definitely in the future.

With all due respect qs but from reading your past posts it is obvious you have strong ties and loyalty to Coach Yeagle and for that I commend you but if I'm an AD and School Board I would strongly have to take into consideration the baggage he brings and in my opinion it isn't overstated and as for being past history who's to say it wouldn't rear it's ugly head once again when he is back in the thick of things again.. Sorry qs as great a coach as he, I still believe you are taking a huge risk in hiring him.

With all due respect qs but from reading your past posts it is obvious you have strong ties and loyalty to Coach Yeagle and for that I commend you but if I'm an AD and School Board I would strongly have to take into consideration the baggage he brings and in my opinion it isn't overstated and as for being past history who's to say it wouldn't rear it's ugly head once again when he is back in the thick of things again.. Sorry qs as great a coach as he, I still believe you are taking a huge risk in hiring him.

I will put this as simple as possible . . .

Strong ties? About as strong as anyone else.

Loyalty? I am usually loyal to people who are good to me and TRY to do the right things in life. But I am not blindly loyal--and never have been.

AD? No Involvement in the process.

School Board? No Involvement in the process unless the principal asks for it--it will be his decision completely.

As far as the "baggage" that you speak about: (I will be as nice as I can)

There are probably 5-10 people in the world who have a clue as to what really happened over the past 7 years at Beechwood. Unless you are concealing your identity really well--you are probably not one of them.

If people are going to be fair about this--I would agree that Yeagle has some questions that he needs to answer. I think that he probably realized that a long time ago (like most people would). I think that he looks forwaed to it........

However--if you want to talk about baggage--then you should probably look at the situation from start to finish. Whenever I talk to people about this situation--they know one tiny little sliver of the situation. And unless you lay everything that happened out on the table--then you are slandering someone that you know very little about (and if you really knew him--then I would probably know you--which then means that you would probably know the entire situation).

The "baggage" as you put it is something that SHOULD be looked at. And I hope that the principal does. Because he is pretty good about looking at the big picture. Which, from where I sit, turns this "baggage" into a Mr. T. Lunchbox.

With that said--I admit that I am a Mike Yeagle Homer. As a Conner alum--I admit that I hope that he gets the job. He is the best candidate with or without your "baggage" . . . . .

I am told two people have applied and Yeagle isn't one of them

I know that this is very similar to what I have heard . . . .

I would be willing to say that Yeagle's application is "in transit". . . . . just a matter of time.

I would also expect a lot of candidates to wait until the very end before they turn in their application.

Something else that makes this situation even more interesting . . .

With Ryle making it to the state championship . . . I would say that it makes the situation more interesting for Conner. Knowing that your county rival can make it with county kids . . . . it more or less forces Conner to make sure that they get the right person for the job.

If Yeagle does apply, how do they not accept his application. I don't think there is a better candidate out there. Thank goodness Conner moves up to 6A next year so we don't have to face them. Maybe someone like Yeagle can keep some of the home grown players from going to other schools. I won't name names!;)

When does Conner want to have a coach in place?

I will say this, I either talked to in person, or got second hand from four different coaches tonight who has applied (or not applied) for the Conner job. Everyone one of them told me something very different. The rumors right now are circus like. I will say this, I hope the powers that be at Conner realize just how closely every step of this process is going to be scrutinized. If anything doesn't pass the smell test Conner is going to be under fire. I can also read between the lines and tell everyone people are choosing up sides as we speak. This should be a great off season soap for all of us desperate football guys.