Who should be the next Conner football Coach?

doubledeuce

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went to the KHSAA website and the Conner job is not even posted.

Does this mean anything? Why wouldn't the Principal post it?

The Principal used to be a teacher at Beechwood, a long time ago.

But, was told he is definetly not a football guy.

Just went to the KHSAA website and the Conner job is not even posted.

Does this mean anything? Why wouldn't the Principal post it?

The Principal used to be a teacher at Beechwood, a long time ago.

But, was told he is definetly not a football guy.

It will eventually be posted . . . . .

Blevins probably likes basketball more than any other sport--but I think that he has major interest in making sure that all of the programs at Conner are up to par . . . . .

The truth that I hear (not rumor) is that Mike Yeagle is getting ready to turn in his application/resume . . . . . . . he is REALLY INTERESTED.

I think there will be much interest in this job. I do not think Yeagle is a good fit for this job though. Eckstein has 4A experience at Ryle and took that program from it's beginning to a very good place. I don't know that Wolfe has enough experience yet. I think there may be some resumes come from downstate and across the river also.

I think there will be much interest in this job. I do not think Yeagle is a good fit for this job though. Eckstein has 4A experience at Ryle and took that program from it's beginning to a very good place. I don't know that Wolfe has enough experience yet. I think there may be some resumes come from downstate and across the river also.

1. Ecktein has already said he is not interested. (At least--that is what some one said in the other thread).

2. From experience, Eckstein would not do well with Conner kids. There are way too many younger brothers/relatives/etc that remember the way things were--and it isn't the pretty picture that many suggest. I think that the prinicpal would want to stay away from that.

3. I doubt that Eckstein will ever coach in Boone County again. PERIOD.

4. Wolfe has a lot more experience than you are giving him credit for and would do a great job.

5. Yeagle is, BY FAR, the best fit. He can/will relate to the Conner kids very well. I think that he could have the ship righted--and ROLLING in a very short period of time.

Lets just say that he already has . . . . . and that is about as far as I can go.

Conner was one of a couple of places that he has always been interested.

If I am reading between the . . . . . corerectly I am excited, for that!!

Now, I hope that HE is the next coach at Conner!!!

I have talked to alot of other coaches and they have said they did not think Yeagle was a good fit either. They are a much larger school that cannot recruit players to come to a private school like Beechwood.

You have no clue what you are talking about . . . . . . .

What you obviously don't understand is that Beechwood doesn't have to recruit.

1. 90% of the kids who have played (and I mean on the field)--have always lived in district.

2. 5% are kids that have families that MOVE into district so their kids can get a quality education.

3. 5% pay tuition (which isn't against any rules) to go to school at Beechwood.

The funny thing is--you would be hard pressed to find more than one starter who doesn't live within a quarter mile of the school. Just because they accept tuition students--who MUST QUALIFY ACADEMICALLY--doesn't mean that they recruit. And from first hand experience--you are out of line. Way out of line. I guess that would mean that all Kenton County schools are guilty of worse (which I don't believe at all)--because they also have open enrollment.

In closing--you better be able to back up your recruiting claims. . . . . . . if not--you are probably in some type of rules violation.

Also--every coach that I have talked to--have said the opposite of what you have said. And I can only tell you that it was nearly every single coach in the area. The ones that you talk about may exist--but they probably say that because they want the job their selves. . . .

Yeagle, by far, is the best fit. He WANTS to be there. And when he wants to do something--I think he has already proven himself on a different level than the vast majority of coaches in the state. It isn't even close.