Should local press be unbiased about preps sports reporting?

I think you all should take this with a grain of salt; you never know the background or back story of the person with a local newspaper. Some "local" towns are still pretty large and sophisticated, say Bowling Green or Owensboro, etc, but then you have really small town papers that have who-knows working for them. I was one of those small town guys. In fact, I was still in high school and was thrilled to be doing it for free, I still have very fond memories of that time today. Add to that, I was the team statistician (which helped with my home team stories), and in the pep band (in small schools, you do everything, lol)... I would sit at that scorers' table, working with the stats, all the while cheering/cussing, having the time of my life. Funny thing is, a friend statistician from a rival school would sit beside me and yell for his team too. Now when I wrote the recaps, I did my best to report the games in a neutral manner. Not sure whether I was successful, but man it was a blast.

I once watched Wild Man Walker castigate the Bengals reporters in the press box for cheering. I laughed because, well, it was Wild Man Walker, but he was totally right.

Wild Man Walker forever, cheering media never!