Warren Central Student Suspended

Tones

Warren Central student was suspended for sitting with South Warren students during a basketball game. KSR had a little write up on this as well, and apparently the student was also kicked off the baseball team and kicked out of the Junior ROTC program. Obviously I don't know the whole story, but it seems ridiculous to me that this student is being reprimanded for sitting with friends from a different school. There may be more to the story that I don't know, but should the school have the authority to tell a person where to sit during a basketball game if there are no altercations occuring?

Warren County Schools disciplinary hearing continues into early morning hours

WNKY Investigates: Warren Central student suspension - WNKY

There has to be more to the story.

I agree, but what authority does Warren Central have at an away game? Not to mention if there was no altercation, and I assume this kid paid to be there, how can the administration have absolute authority to tell him where to sit? It just seems wrong to me, especially to kick him off of the baseball team and out of ROTC. I could understand a meeting at school to discuss the schools perspective, but this seems the school took this too far.

I agree, but what authority does Warren Central have at an away game? Not to mention if there was no altercation, and I assume this kid paid to be there, how can the administration have absolute authority to tell him where to sit? It just seems wrong to me, especially to kick him off of the baseball team and out of ROTC. I could understand a meeting at school to discuss the schools perspective, but this seems the school took this too far.

That's why I think there has to be some underlying issues here. No way some students sitting on the "wrong" side of the gym prompted all of this.

From what I have gathered that is the story and everything I have seen so far shows Warren County School System answering this issue in a retaliatory manner. I’m interested in seeing what Carlos Bailey can get done surrounding this case.

Is this common with all schools to have rules telling kids where they have to sit in games? I know normally most kids from the same school sit together but I seem to remember some kids sitting with friends at other schools. Seems like a weird hill for a school to die on.

Is this common with all schools to have rules telling kids where they have to sit in games? I know normally most kids from the same school sit together but I seem to remember some kids sitting with friends at other schools. Seems like a weird hill for a school to die on.

To be honest I have never once truly paid attention to where kids sit. The school keeps saying they were trying to prevent an unsafe situation from happening but if the student was sitting with friends and nothing was happening I am confused why they felt the need to make him move.

Even further if seperating the kids from each other at sporting events is the move then why stop there? Shouldn’t they be separated from each other everywhere and not just basketball games?

This whole sitation is weird.

Hypothesis: Administrators and school board members are not idiots. Perhaps student has a questionable history for causing disciplinary issues in the past. Conclusion: Better be pro-active in stopping problems before things get out of hand in a volatile rivalry atmosphere.

I have no knowledge of the backstory or the respect displayed by all in the disciplinary hearing that resulted in extending his disciplinary time. Just offering a possible scenario. The young man could have avoided all this by simply doing as requested at the game. Defiance of authority rarely ends where the student desires.