Open Job: Christian Academy of Louisville

theguru

I believe Hunter Cantwell will be an early favorite. Cantwell fits what CAL is about as a school. I think that will be a big part of who they pick. That coach will have to fit into the schools philosophy and he does that and yes, the man can coach.

That would be an interesting higher.

I believe Hunter Cantwell will be an early favorite. Cantwell fits what CAL is about as a school. I think that will be a big part of who they pick. That coach will have to fit into the schools philosophy and he does that and yes, the man can coach.

What is his coaching resume?

Following his pro football career Hunter Cantwell was the QB coach at Campbellsville University from 2012 -2015. He became the Head Coach at Carroll County in 2016 to the present. His first two years they won 4 games each year. For the 2018 season they won 7 games (first winning season in a while) and made it to the second round of the playoffs. They lost a few close games including 13-0 to Walton Verona, a state semi-finalist. I got to see him coach in a 7-7 game and the team looked organized and playing well. Some things just take a little time to get the players doing what you are teaching them correctly.

Don't be too quick to judge just on record alone. There is a lot more football talent at Central than there is in most places in Kentucky, including Carroll County. He is doing the best he can.

Would be tough for a coach that is vested in the public school retirement system to take a private school job. I would imagine it would go to a candidate that can retire from the state retirement system like Coach Wallace did a few years ago to take the X job, someone already in the private school retirement pool, or someone just starting out, college coach, etc..

Not sure how many years coach Scroggins has in the retirement system, but he would be a great candidate.

Edited by CoachReedWingNut
spelling correction