Highlands/Cov. Cath. Predictions - Let's do it again.

Henry521

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit reading the last thread because it talked about the weather, cannons, everything but the game.

How about in this thread we get some of the knowlegable folks on here to actually analize what we may see happen on field tommorrow (I.e. what they did in the Male-X preview thread).

The posters from Cov. Cath. and Highlands know better than that. So lets talk about the Cannon, Colonel Crazies, and the weather on game day. :D

SM - CCH folks are wondering what HHS will do defensively. I'd expect to see some changes in either personnel or scheme. Their challenge was a)getting pressure and b)guarding. Lots of possibilities for the Birds as to who guards Bovard.

CCH, though, had their own issues. Do they continue to key on #4 or do they spy #41? I'm more concerned with the qbs legs than I am his arm despite the beautiful TD pass he threw last game. I'm not sure where he ranks as far as "best athlete on the field" but I know he's in the discussion if its not him. I think he started on D as a sophomore.

I thought CCH ran the ball very well last time and we might see even more of that this game. They mixed Brandon Brown and Brent Buckley with the quick slants to Bo and were very effective.

I think both teams are going to put up points similar to the last game. I don't think these defenses can stop these offenses. Both o-lines dominated the LOS last game.

Off the top of my head, I think Highlands has got to do a better job giving support on Bovard. I thought the Birds DB's had a rough way to go last time out, but that'll happen if you are put on an island with a player as good as Bovard.

If Highlands is going to cover Sutton with a lb I don't think it can be Koester, he struggled in coverage last time out. He's much better at the line of scrimmage. CCH may have forced this matchup though.

HHS got a lot of grief for not pressuring Bleser last time out, but I don't think that's a big key. If you sack him great, but I'd focus more on making him complete tough passes. He had a lot of easy completions last time out.

Kicking game is a huge advantage for CCH, I don't know if Highlands has fixed their coverage problems, or if they'll continue to squib. Obviously, Dale didn't like his chances against Castendada or Brown last time out.

If I were Highlands, I'd open up the offense a bit more, but I'd have done that 10 weeks ago to. Their offense scored enough to win, and I like for them to run the ball well again tommorrow. If I'm CCH I don't think I limit Flynn or Castenada to just "spying" on Kramer. I'd take my chances with them flying all over the field making plays. It seemed like one or the other was taken out of a lot of plays just because Kramer was used on a fake.

Off the top of my head, I think Highlands has got to do a better job giving support on Bovard. I thought the Birds DB's had a rough way to go last time out, but that'll happen if you are put on an island with a player as good as Bovard.

If Highlands is going to cover Sutton with a lb I don't think it can be Koester, he struggled in coverage last time out. He's much better at the line of scrimmage. CCH may have forced this matchup though.

HHS got a lot of grief for not pressuring Bleser last time out, but I don't think that's a big key. If you sack him great, but I'd focus more on making him complete tough passes. He had a lot of easy completions last time out.

Kicking game is a huge advantage for CCH, I don't know if Highlands has fixed their coverage problems, or if they'll continue to squib. Obviously, Dale didn't like his chances against Castendada or Brown last time out.

If I were Highlands, I'd open up the offense a bit more, but I'd have done that 10 weeks ago to. Their offense scored enough to win, and I like for them to run the ball well again tommorrow. If I'm CCH I don't think I limit Flynn or Castenada to just "spying" on Kramer. I'd take my chances with them flying all over the field making plays. It seemed like one or the other was taken out of a lot of plays just because Kramer was used on a fake.

BTW, Watterson won again tonight.

SM - CCH folks are wondering what HHS will do defensively. I'd expect to see some changes in either personnel or scheme. Their challenge was a)getting pressure and b)guarding. Lots of possibilities for the Birds as to who guards Bovard.

CCH, though, had their own issues. Do they continue to key on #4 or do they spy #41? I'm more concerned with the qbs legs than I am his arm despite the beautiful TD pass he threw last game. I'm not sure where he ranks as far as "best athlete on the field" but I know he's in the discussion if its not him. I think he started on D as a sophomore.

I thought CCH ran the ball very well last time and we might see even more of that this game. They mixed Brandon Brown and Brent Buckley with the quick slants to Bo and were very effective.

I think both teams are going to put up points similar to the last game. I don't think these defenses can stop these offenses. Both o-lines dominated the LOS last game.

If you key on Kramer, then Conner and Cecil hurt you. You can't "spy"on all three. I'd let my defense stay as close to it's base package and see how many plays my studs can make against their studs.

I'd be surprised by many personnel changes on the Birds defense, but I'd bet they'll change coverages.

CCH HAS to make HHS throw the ball, or Mueller will find a way to beat them. If they continue to play 3 down linemen, HHS is too good up front and will run it down their throat again like last time.

CCH is harder to defend because they are proficient at running and passing, but HHS has the best blitzes in high school football; they will show the Colonels something new.

If both Def. Coord. do their jobs, it could be much more low scoring than the 1st meeting.