ATLCat

Who Wins?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, what does walton have to do to get any credit? Walton defense is incredible. Walton has opened up both run and pass game. Coach barth will get these young men ready to play Friday.

Hold Mayfields offense and I'll give WV all the credit. Mayfields offense is very explosive and they have more than just #6.

Mayfield will load up and make the ridiculous trip the edge of Northern Kentucky to face the surprising Walton-Verona Bearcats.

Walton-Verona secured the biggest win in their School's young history and their first ever Semi-Finals appearance by outlasting Glasgow.

Mayfield enters after making short work of Murray.

Who wins and why?

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but in the 4 class 2006 semifinals Mayfield drove over 250 miles to their semifinal opponent. I think 3 hour+ drives happened often in the 4 class system. I don't know if that is the point of your comment, but just in case I wanted to make that observation.

My question is, what does walton have to do to get any credit? Walton defense is incredible. Walton has opened up both run and pass game. Coach barth will get these young men ready to play Friday.

Get a win versus a quality opponent. Year after year, they pile up victories against the "sisters of the poor". We get it they can beat Bellevue and Gallatin County by a combined 100-0. I feel they need some type of signature win to be taken seriously...also need to start scheduling tougher opponents...add Beechwood or something, play NewCath. Just my opinion

Get a win versus a quality opponent. Year after year, they pile up victories against the "sisters of the poor". We get it they can beat Bellevue and Gallatin County by a combined 100-0. I feel they need some type of signature win to be taken seriously...also need to start scheduling tougher opponents...add Beechwood or something, play NewCath. Just my opinion

Glasgow has been in the top 10 all season. That was a quality win. WV played Paintsville and Lexington Christian in the regular season. I think they have done a good job with the schedule so far. This next two year cycle, I agree with you that they should add a couple more higher level opponents, but they should pace themselves and not jump straight to top level. Perhaps one really top level game and one more opponent that is a smaller class solid top 15 type of team. See how that schedule goes the next two years and then upgrade again if things continue building.

Mayfield will be by far the toughest opponent WV has played but I don't know if there is a way to prepare for Mayfield by playing someone else in the regular season schedule. WV has to just keep building momentum and toughness into the program but not get ahead of themselves.

WV is not the same team as they were when they played Paintsville which some have now learned. They've punched a few teams in the mouth which caused long bus rides home, wondering what the hell just happened.

Edited by JRI0205

It looks like they will play Beechwood next year with them going to 2A. I believe that WV's middle school team has beaten up on Beechwood over the past couple of years. It's exciting to see that WV has some up and coming talent as well.

It looks like they will play Beechwood next year with them going to 2A. I believe that WV's middle school team has beaten up on Beechwood over the past couple of years. It's exciting to see that WV has some up and coming talent as well.

Yes, Beechwood will be in 2A next year but a different district than WV. Those two will be on the east side of the bracket so they will possibly face off in the playoffs, depending on cross bracketing.

FYI ... Beechwood has never beaten Mayfield in the playoffs. They have come close a few times but have not put up a win. If the Bearcats can beat Mayfield, then they will be one up on Beechwood.

Walton beat Beechwood's middle school this year. Last year, Beechwood beat Walton soundly, both times they played them.

Walton beat Beechwood's middle school this year. Last year, Beechwood beat Walton soundly, both times they played them.

Last year Walton jv had beechwood on the ropes... Walton ran one back and had a terrible block in the back call and took away the TD. That score would have won the game for Walton I do believe. Not 100% of the score.