Popular Cincinnati Restaurant Owner in Hot Water Over Sexual Remarks

UKMustangFan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are always two sides to every story. It would be interesting to see what took place before the video began or to learn what occurred to cause this person to be fired to begin with.

I agree, it'd be interesting to know, but it has zero bearing on what's on the video. An employer can't make that kind of comment about an employee under any circumstance.

I agree, it'd be interesting to know, but it has zero bearing on what's on the video. An employer can't make that kind of comment about an employee under any circumstance.

I can't find the video so I am in the dark. Was she still an employee when he made the comment? Does it make a difference if she was a former employee?

I can't find the video so I am in the dark. Was she still an employee when he made the comment? Does it make a difference if she was a former employee?

I mean, he fired her, and he made the comment when she asked why. So I guess technically no, but that doesn't really matter.

Never have discussions with someone you fire, never. Just fire them, if they say they will sue, whatever, just say nothing and walk away, let them get out of the room. or let them vent and leave. In almost every case, I was involved the person just got up and left without saying anything. The person is either devastated, angry, shocked or any combination of these. Nothing the person says that fired them will help at all.

He should have just walked away, as he was doing, and say nothing.

Never have discussions with someone you fire, never. Just fire them, if they say they will sue, whatever, just say nothing and walk away, let them get out of the room. or let them vent and leave. In almost every case, I was involved the person just got up and left without saying anything. The person is either devastated, angry, shocked or any combination of these. Nothing the person says that fired them will help at all.

He should have just walked away, as he was doing, and say nothing.

Yep. Fire them and get them out. Anytime I've ever fired someone the conversation took less than five minutes.

Yep. Fire them and get them out. Anytime I've ever fired someone the conversation took less than five minutes.

Same.

Typically, our standard practice is to let them know they're suspended pending review, and they need to leave the property, and we give them a # and time to call. It's typically on the call that they're informed they no longer are employed.

And it should never be a surprise to the person getting fired. If you haven’t been honest with the person, and let them know their job is on the line and why, you’re setting yourself up for an awkward, possibly bad situation.