BGP Q&A with Scott County Football Coach Jim McKee

Montgomery County since Egli took over has followed suit. He coached under McKee.

I wonder if Coach Egli is still dry about the unpleasant welcome Coach McKee gave his Nelson Co. team in a first-round playoff visit back in 2010. SC scored a 41-0 win on Nelson Co. that year, and Egli at the time seemed to feel like his dad just threw him outta the house. SC got to the state SFs that year.

I wonder if Coach Egli is still dry about the unpleasant welcome Coach McKee gave his Nelson Co. team in a first-round playoff visit back in 2010. SC scored a 41-0 win on Nelson Co. that year, and Egli at the time seemed to feel like his dad just threw him outta the house. SC got to the state SFs that year.

Not at all.

• 4 weeks later...
As of a couple of weeks ago, Rains had joined David Manning's staff at Boyd County.

I got some more info on this, so I figured I'd follow up in this thread since it had been what made me curious in the first place. Rains isn't "on staff" anywhere at this point. He's helped out with spring practices at a couple of schools and been helping with a few camps, and he's been working doing some basic advising to a few newer head coaches in the state, but he's not actually coaching at this point. There's an off chance he may be helping out on game days on the Scott County sidelines before all is said and done, but he's not on the Boyd County coaching staff. Still lives in Stamping Ground in Scott County.

• 5 months later...
So the Cardinals have the entire month of June off, as well as every Saturday while they're in-season? That's surprising to me.

One thing I know about McKee is he HUGE on allowing kids to play other sports. Part of why he gives them June off is so they can play summer baseball and basketball. Remember they had Cooper Robb for the last 4 years on their team. He played basketball, baseball, and didn't join football till his summer baseball was over.