John Rodenberg is out at Moeller (OH)

I know nothing about Cincinnati or Ohio HS Football, but I did go to a Moeller game this year. I was unimpressed with the atmosphere. An off campus/shared facility that is old and tired. Only thing I have to compare it to is a Trinity game and the experience is not even close to being the same. I expected better.

The Moeller head coach seemed like a good dude and I don't really know what their expectations are but didn't they beat the #1 team in OH just a couple weeks ago?

I know nothing about Cincinnati or Ohio HS Football, but I did go to a Moeller game this year. I was unimpressed with the atmosphere. An off campus/shared facility that is old and tired. Only thing I have to compare it to is a Trinity game and the experience is not even close to being the same. I expected better.

The Moeller head coach seemed like a good dude and I don't really know what their expectations are but didn't they beat the #1 team in OH just a couple weeks ago?

They DID.

-CF

Agree.

Moeller does not have their own field and I thought Moeller games have felt sterile for decades.

If I was Coach Eviston there is no way I would take the Moeller job unless it was a 50K salary upgrade over CCH.

Let's face it everyone, Covington Catholic is the Trinity of NKY, Moeller is just "one of the guys" in Cincy.

I will go even further, at this point in time I think Moeller is a step down from CovCath.

The location of Moeller means they can't make a big stadium. They have one, but it's very small - pretty much what you'd say at grade school stadiums (if my memory is correct).

That being said, Lockland Stadium (where they play their home games) can be a good place for a game. But comparing it to Ballaban Field, The Pit, and Lasalle's stadium, it's not close.

Moeller would be a big step up for Eviston - a real challenge with huge upside.

GCL and top tier D-I Ohio vs. 5A Kentucky? Not even close. If LaSalle opens up it's a similar opportunity even though they are D-II.

If the guy wants to take the next step at the HS coaching level this would be it. Oh - and I think Moe could find a little $ to make it worth his time.

It's also possible this job attracts more qualified, appealing candidates...

Another thing is that the GCL could provide for a better opportunity in the future. Kerry Coombs, Urban Meyer are two that went from GCL to solid coaching jobs.

Anyone have any insight into his teaching certifications? I could be wrong, but when he was at CovCath I think he met the requirements to be a Catechist(religion teacher) but Didn’t have a traditional teaching certificate.

If that’s still the case, I’d be surprised if he went anywhere outside of Cincinnati and the GCL.

Is football a religion in Cincinnati parochial schools? :)

Another thing is that the GCL could provide for a better opportunity in the future. Kerry Coombs, Urban Meyer are two that went from GCL to solid coaching jobs.

Kerry Coombs was at Colerain which is not a GCL school.

Urban Meyer coached one year, his first year in coaching, at Saint Xavier. I don't think that had much impact on his coaching career path, although he probably made some connections while at St Xavier.

Old Grappler I think it's actually a required class......for instance when people bring up Elder and Moeller the talk always turns to football....in reality Moeller has 9 State Football Titles but also 8 State Baseball Titles add in the likes of the Bells, Larkins and Griffeys that's some serious baseball talent. Elder has 2 State Football Titles but has 12 State Baseball Titles......but all that matters is where you finished in the GCL in football hahaha

Kerry Coombs was at Colerain which is not a GCL school.

Urban Meyer coached one year, his first year in coaching, at Saint Xavier. I don't think that had much impact on his coaching career path, although he probably made some connections while at St Xavier.

Brain fart... Can't believe I did that! I guess I was more so thinking about the big name schools in Cincy.

Anyways, you're correct in that he made connections. That's what I was trying to get at. I know there's always rumors about Specht leaving and possibly getting a job at OSU, but again - rumors.

Old Grappler I think it's actually a required class......for instance when people bring up Elder and Moeller the talk always turns to football....in reality Moeller has 9 State Football Titles but also 8 State Baseball Titles add in the likes of the Bells, Larkins and Griffeys that's some serious baseball talent. Elder has 2 State Football Titles but has 12 State Baseball Titles......but all that matters is where you finished in the GCL in football hahaha

Let's not leave out Basketball and Wrestling at both schools!

Brain fart... Can't believe I did that! I guess I was more so thinking about the big name schools in Cincy.

Anyways, you're correct in that he made connections. That's what I was trying to get at. I know there's always rumors about Specht leaving and possibly getting a job at OSU, but again - rumors.

It happens to the best of us @DukeDog

Moeller would be a big step up for Eviston - a real challenge with huge upside.

GCL and top tier D-I Ohio vs. 5A Kentucky? Not even close. If LaSalle opens up it's a similar opportunity even though they are D-II.

If the guy wants to take the next step at the HS coaching level this would be it. Oh - and I think Moe could find a little $ to make it worth his time.

It's also possible this job attracts more qualified, appealing candidates...

He won’t even be on Moellers list....... move on