Trouble transitioning to playing on a grass field in playoffs?

Cardinals44

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think...Dixie Heights plays on turf.

Bullitt Central does not.

BC hosted DH last night,..on a turf field in Nelson Co. BC won.

The game was moved because the BC field was not game ready.

DH was favored, but I don't think the surface waa a factor.

I think...Dixie Heights plays on turf.

Bullitt Central does not.

BC hosted DH last night,..on a turf field in Nelson Co. BC won.

The game was moved because the BC field was not game ready.

DH was favored, but I don't think the surface waa a factor.

BC plays in the same district as NC, so many of their players have played on turf before, just not this season.

Brossart played five games on turf and won them all. Played six games on grass and lost them all.

While our style of play benefited from the dry consistent surface, I think our wins/losses were more attributed to our opponents than the surface on which we played.

turf to grass and vice versa no effect. turf or grass to mud.....now that is a different story

With more and more schools having turf I think this is less and less of a problem. I do remember several years back when schools would try to get practice time on turf fields before a turf game because it might be the only time all season that happened, especially in rural areas. It doesn't seem like much of a deal anymore.

Brossart played five games on turf and won them all. Played six games on grass and lost them all.

While our style of play benefited from the dry consistent surface, I think our wins/losses were more attributed to our opponents than the surface on which we played.

Small schools probably can only afford one type of shoes?

Never worried about this in my era; but, have heard from lots of friends they love to get turf shoe teams on their grass fields....i.e. (Jefferson Co. 6A). Especially when its a little sloppy.
Do the even make the "turf shoes" now? Don't teams wear regular cleats now on the new turf fields?

I know until just a few years ago that Somerset had NEVER won a game on a turf field. Since breaking through at Hazard a few years ago they have won on turf a few more times. It is a transition for teams that play almost exclusively on one or the other when they have to switch it up.