Friday Fun Thread - What do you think about ESPN's Liberal Political Agenda?

theguru

I don't often. But during elections I really like the guy that has the touch screen map of the US. Really cool technology.

That being said I don't watch a lot of TV news. I did watch a bit more with the recent hurricanes coverage. I can usually stay informed to the level that I feel that I need to be with Twitter and formerly BGP. I get why the politics forum was closed, but it was the platform in which I got most of my political news.

I like their graphics too, I just wish they would try to cover stories down the middle.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/kentucky-national-politics/what-does-the-349105.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ESPN I watch is live games I'm interested in, as well as College Gameday when I'm free on Saturday mornings.

Like @Getslow , I haven't watched "Sportscenter" in a long time, not because I'm taking a stand, but because I can get highlights of games / teams of interest in 1,000 other places.

The people I know that work in positions of authority with ESPN and ABC are far from "liberals", so while I think we are painting with a bit of a broad brush here, I do think Jemele Hill is an example of a talent taking an extreme view that is going to alienate a lot of people.

The days of relying on Sportscenter passed over a decade ago. It is akin to me needing the "USA Today" sports page for box scores in the 80's and 90's, and I haven't touched that newspaper in over 10 years either.

This is where I stand also. I have never paid attention to any of the sideshow/opinion show stuff that has been on ESPN over the years. For that reason I was clueless ESPN was even considered a liberal bastion until it hit the social media hot topics in the past couple years. I watch ESPN for live sports programming and that is the way it has been for me for a long long time.

My guess is when it comes to Politics at ESPN there is only one opinion that counts so I think you are being a little liberal when you say "positions of authority" in this context.

Yeah, I'm a simple guy, I can't actually tell when someone has juice or not, but I'm sure they'll one day be invited to the secret meetings of those directing their leftist political agenda. I'm famous for my naivete.

It's also interesting to me that "the left" are labeled as the snowflakes and needing safe spaces, but here we are with folks on "the right" complaining because a network, in their opinion, has a slant they don't agree with.

It's the obvious double standard.

Yeah, I'm a simple guy, I can't actually tell when someone has juice or not, but I'm sure they'll one day be invited to the secret meetings of those directing their leftist political agenda. I'm famous for my naivete.

I am sure they have plenty of juice, just not the right kind in this case.

If you were handicapping these juicy executives, how would you characterize their thoughts on ESPN's actions?

Im tired of hearing from ESPN how Republicans are racist, how Republicans are wrong, How people who voted for Republicans are dumb. All they are doing is showing their ignorance.

It really goes to show that they dont have the guts to fire Hill after what she said.

I will keep saying this. Why would anyone watch something where they believe it is not balanced (if they want balance)? No one makes anyone watch anything. I choose to not watch Fox because I do not agree with their biases, as an example. I could care less if ESPN has a double standard. ESPN is a choice, not a mandate.

Hot Chicks? At least for their ages.

As others have stated politics has no place in the sports world. They should be kept separate. At least for their ages???? Women don't start hitting their prime until their mid 40's into their 50's IMO. Fox News babes haven' t reached their expiration date.

As others have stated politics has no place in the sports world. They should be kept separate. At least for their ages???? Women don't start hitting their prime until their mid 40's into their 50's IMO. Fox News babes haven' t reached their expiration date.

I don't know what you are looking at but we both agree on leaving politics out of sports.