Will You Let Your Car Insurance Company Spy On You?

B-Ball-fan

No way. I despise insurance companies. If I pay to be insured and don't have a claim, why don't they give my money back? I've paid tens of thousands in premiums for auto and home and not a single claim.

Yes. I'm an 'aggressive' driver. I admit it. However, no need to confirm it with data.

Because that's not how it works. :lol2: We wouldn't be able to have insurance if it worked like that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just assume they are going to use it to screw me down the road somehow so I'd never do it.

I had to change my driving habits a bit while I was using it, but that's part of the point. If I hit my brakes too hard, it beeped at me. So I changed my braking habits to avoid that happening, so in a way it made me a better driver.

I would say the Insurance Companies are playing the "Long Game" here so it makes perfect sense that they are not immediately increasing premiums for drivers that are a little aggressive. However, give the Insurance Companies enough time and I guarantee you they will exploit the information they collect and in the end we customers will be the losers.

We complain all the time that insurance is a scam, not fair because the statistical pool pays for the bad eggs. And then insurance companies give us a way to prove we are better drivers than out statistical peers and earn discounts. And we complain then that they will know too much. Tough crowd.

We complain all the time that insurance is a scam, not fair because the statistical pool pays for the bad eggs. And then insurance companies give us a way to prove we are better drivers than out statistical peers and earn discounts. And we complain then that they will know too much. Tough crowd.

What we also know is Insurance Companies represent Insurance Companies first and foremost.

Translation, anything available to an Insurance Company will be used to benefit the Insurance Company first and foremost.

What we also know is Insurance Companies represent Insurance Companies first and foremost.

Translation, anything available to an Insurance Company will be used to benefit the Insurance Company first and foremost.

As it should be.

A business trying to maximize their revenues and profits....The nerve!