Louisville ER doctors seeing more patients overdosing on Meth. This makes me angry!!

All Tell

Ummm, no they aren't paid the same. My son worked as both.

Depends on the division and location. My pharmacy does lump both into the union and pays the same. In contrast I know Krogers where the technicians are not forced to join the union and are actually paid better. In my location the union is hurting us and my technicians when Walmart a quarter mile down the road has there technicians getting paid $2/hr more than ours are. I've considered writing to the union but have refrained because I don't how beneficial it could be.

Doesn't work I tried. You said yourself that there is still a Meth problem. Frankly there's a big part of me that says let Meth use go crazy and Darwin's law will take effect and the tweeker population will eventually go down. Not a whole lot of sympathy from me when someone is stupid enough to use the stuff. If it's a choice between me being able to easily get a medication that work for me and thes laws I know what I'll take. No one should have to jump through hoops to get a legal product when it is intended for its proper use.

My RNP writes me a Rx for Zyrtec D for exactly the reasons you rightfully complain about in your OP.

It is ridiculous what the law abiding citizens have to put up with thanks to all the junkies, tweekers, crack heads, etc.

The same problem with our grand legislators in Frankfort passing HB333 and Bevin signing it into law. 3 days worth of opiates or opioids for acute need. How flipping idiotic. This was a knee jerk reaction by the legislators to say they did something in response to all of the recent heroin, heroin/fentanyl, heroin/carfentanyl overdoses. It does absolutely nothing to curb those overdoses. ZERO. Just makes it difficult for law abiding citizens to get needed medication.

Yet again the limits are there for a reason because this issues exists today and as I've said before there are ways to get around it. capt278 did just that and got a prescription and the problem was solved. There is a simple way to fix all of this and all it takes is a phone call to your doctor to get past the limitations.

I guess we will never see eye to eye on this but these limitations were imposed for a reason. It was through these limitations that meth use was curbed and lifting them will return us to the status quo. The limitations were put forth because once you hit your limit then people who truly NEED it will seek their doctor to get a prescription for it. The people who don't need it won't (although some will try). It's an imperfect system yes but there are avenues to get around it.

I always wonder who and how the recipe for meth was discovered. Such an odd combination of ingredients.

I have no problem with close scrutiny of antihistamines, even if they are OTC.

As someone who does a lot of drug testing, I can tell you it is making a comeback in the Cincinnati area. Why? I have no idea. Meth heads are nasty looking people.

I always wonder who and how the recipe for meth was discovered. Such an odd combination of ingredients.

I have no problem with close scrutiny of antihistamines, even if they are OTC.

As someone who does a lot of drug testing, I can tell you it is making a comeback in the Cincinnati area. Why? I have no idea. Meth heads are nasty looking people.

Mostly being smuggled into the country according to a news story a few months ago. Meth manufacturing is down dramatically in the US as control of pseudoephedrine has increased.

Nexafed is available in some places as a substitute and the pseudoephedrine can't be extracted from it for meth manufacturing. It does cost just a little more...in some places it is not controlled.