90-year-old Woman Fatally Mauled by a Pit Bull

hoops5

I wonder if the previous owner knew the dog was dangerous. There might be some liability there, but buying a pit bull without without checking him out and/or properly preparing to own one is pretty stupid.

I am a dog lover, and used to think pit bulls got a bad rap. The past few years have made me rethink that. I think I would definitely steer clear of them if I was thinking about getting another dog. Why take the risk?

That being said, I know a guy who owns one and proudly brags how "no one would dare come into his house uninvited." I don't think I would go into his house at all. I think there are definitely people out there who draw out their aggressive nature. Same as having a loaded gun.

What a horrifying thing to have to go through.

I still can't think of a single reason to own a pit bull but to each their own.

Some feel the same way about guns. I like my .38 Special quite a bit.

My best friend owns Pomeranians that she paid 100s of dollars for, while other dogs die in animal shelters. She thinks that it is so great that her female might be pregnant. It makes me a bit ill.

I'm glad that I can make my own choices based on my own taste. We all can.

My best friend owns Pomeranians that she paid 100s of dollars for, while other dogs die in animal shelters. She thinks that it is so great that her female might be pregnant. It makes me a bit ill.

I've never seen a gun snap and kill someone on it's own.

But, I'm not hating. Everyone can do as they wish.

image.jpg

So if you choose to have a potentially violent dog and it hurts someone, should you be to blame or the dog?

I've been trying to load a photo of my dog, who is part golden retriever, sheltie, American Eskimo dog, Siberian husky and boxer. She looks mostly like a golden. You wouldn't be able to tell from her photo that she is potentially aggressive with kids. I'm not sure if she would actually harm one but, as her owner, it is my job to never put her in a situation where she could hurt a child. When kids are around, she is put safely away. When I walk her, we avoid areas with lots of kids. If we come across kids, we change paths. It has caused controversy in my family because my step mom doesn't like dogs to be "locked up" when we are at her house, but that isn't her choice. It is mine.

So, to now answer your question concisely, my dog's actions are 100% on me.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I've never seen a gun snap and kill someone on it's own.

But, I'm not hating. Everyone can do as they wish.

No, but a toddler can find a loaded one and kill someone with it. As a responsible gun owner, children do not have access to my gun or ammunition. As a responsible dog owner, they also do not have access to my potentially aggressive dog.

I still can't think of a single reason to own a pit bull but to each their own.

You may not be able to by thankfully many can think of a reason. It keeps countless, great dogs from being put down.

I have two pitbulls. I use them as ambassadors for the breed. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe I just raised them right, but they understand structure and what is acceptable or not.

You may not be able to by thankfully many can think of a reason. It keeps countless, great dogs from being put down.

I have two pitbulls. I use them as ambassadors for the breed. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe I just raised them right, but they understand structure and what is acceptable or not.

Like I said, to each their own.

I'm trying to think of a reason why anyone would own a pit bull.

For me, it is because she is the sweetest dog and most loyal dog I have ever owned. But, my fiancé and I have trained her properly as well. I will say this, though, I would never buy a pit bull from an animal shelter or anyone else that is already an adult. You have to know how to train them and get them as pups. Plus they are the cutest little pups lol

I know a 13 year old boy who was accidentally shot and killed by his friend. Both his family and his friend's family own a lot of guns. Both boys were experienced with guns. Pit bulls are a lot like guns. If you aren't extremely careful with them then accidents like this can happen and more often than not the fault will lie in the hands of the owner.

For me, it is because she is the sweetest dog and most loyal dog I have ever owned. But, my fiancé and I have trained her properly as well. I will say this, though, I would never buy a pit bull from an animal shelter or anyone else that is already an adult. You have to know how to train them and get them as pups. Plus they are the cutest little pups lol

Agreed. I have never owned a pit bull but my wife loves them. If we ever get a pit bull it will be just like this. Straight from a puppy with full knowledge of the parents lineage.

They're are overpopulated to be honest and it's because every idiot who thinks they live the street life need them to build up their cred. It's a shame for the dogs to be honest. Misrepresented and misguided and now they're stereotyped. It is what it is, if you don't like em, great, but don't base it off of never having come into contact with the breed(s).