2006 Boyle County: anomaly or sign of things to come???

jbwill2

Has anyone forgot about the teams that they have played... Danville is 1st in 1A... Mercer first in 2A (which will be a 5A team next year and Henry Clay... if I recall is a very good football team right now or has anyone forgot that) Boyle will be just fine when it comes down to district time.. Good luck Rebels!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HitStick...

I saw Brandon Smith play (what i believe) was his first game as a starter against Pikeville in the Pike Co Bowl. The kid was solid, but at the time I guess I didn't realize just what kind of run that program was about to go on.

For Boyle Co fans, I guess I say this: Who cares if you guys have a couple down year? Bowl Co. went on a run that programs can't even dream of! Count yourself lucky to have witnessed to incredible feat and cheer on those kids.

The Rebels have a week off to prepare for district play.I think this is one team that deserves a second chance! Out of the four games they have lost, It's been on the road! These guys have had a black cloud over there heads all season because of there field.With district play comming up I believe that Boyle Co.will be right in the thick of things!!!

:thumb: :thumb: I wouldn't count this team out yet. They have played some really good teams and have played them close. The only team that completely wiped the field with them was Henry Clay and I think that team can wipe the field with any team. What I suppose really cracks me up with a lot of the comments is, by only a few points, this team could/should have beaten a few of the teams that beat them. If comments are directed at this team of how bad they are, then what does that say about the teams that beat them? Does it say that they are only good enough to beat a bad team? NO, all of these teams that beat us are good teams and will hopefully go far in their district. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. But I will promise everyone this - if Boyle doesn't win another game this year - it will not be because they didn't give you a good run for your money!! You will know that you were in a game and you will be glad that your team came away with a win. As for hanging their heads after a lost - I can tell you one fellow who isn't hanging his head after a win. Sad because they lost - of course - but hang his head - never. He knows that he plays as hard as he can and he is and will never be ashamed of what he left on that field:thumb: None of these kids should ever feel the need to hang their heads!:thumb:

Boyle County has played a hard schedule and to top it off, they have yet to have a home game. They have played some really good teams and they have never given up even in defeat. Boyle County has some excellent underclassmen and they will be a force when it comes their time. If Boyle County doesn't win another game this year it won't be because they haven't played their hearts off.

:thumb: If all the naysayers in title town took a look at this sight or picked up a newspaper they would realize that all the teams that have beaten BC are elite teams this year!Henry Clay is one of the state's best teams as are

Mercer,and crosstown rival Danville.You have some fine coaches at BC and they need your support!It reminds me of the disrespect that was given to a certain basketball coach that followed Adolph Rupp! All he did was win numerous SEC titles and a national championship but is still berated by fans to this day!It is a no win situation to follow a legend!

Boyle Co will sweep their district and make a great run in the playoffs.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Finish the regular season 6-4, and then win two postseason games getting them to the final eight. Boyle would be 8-5, with losses to potential state champions: Danville (1A), Mercer County (2A), Henry Clay (4A), and whoever beats them in Class 3A.

I wished I was as confident as you guys are. Southwestern will give Boyle more than what they want. To escape win a win will be no easy task.

I think SW has issues of their own right now. They got thumped by a so so South Laurel. Boyle's losses aren't as unexpected with the youth they have played and the fact having no games at home. I foresee the 1st home game after a tough start with Boyle opening up a huge can. I'm glad we played Boyle when we did.