A question came to mind when reading about the Central football job opening.

All Tell

LINK to the original thread.

It clearly states that his children will be going to a Catholic high school. First question that would answer everything. Is Coach Scroggins and/or his family Catholic? I don't know but if they are that's that, no controversy, nothing to see here.

BUT

If they are not Catholic why would the children of a teacher and coach in JCPS opt to send his kids to a Catholic school?

It clearly states that his children will be going to a Catholic high school. First question that would answer everything. Is Coach Scroggins and/or his family Catholic? I don't know but if they are that's that, no controversy, nothing to see here.

BUT

If they are not Catholic why would the children of a teacher and coach in JCPS opt to send his kids to a Catholic school?

I am going with Superior Education and Superior Sports Programs.

BUT

You answered your question, inside your question.

Thanks for the candid replies. To be honest it was exactly what I was hoping to get and exactly my thoughts. With the semi-regular ban the private school threads that we seem to have here I was hoping to illustrate that maybe, just maybe students who are also good athletes don't always choose a private school for nefarious reasons.

BUT

Granted, my grandchildren are preschoolers, but regardless...My daughter in law is a JCPS high school teacher and my grandchildren will be attending Catholic schools. 1)Tradition. 2)Convenience. Granted, they are Catholic. But had they remained in Evansville, they would have gone to public schools.

If I lived in Louisville, Lexington or NKY I can say Trinity, LexCath and CovCath would likely be where I sent my kids.

I do look forward to seeing where Scroggins sends his kids and I also respect him putting it out there for the whole world to see his intentions. With him staying at Central to teach I have to imagine this could be a sore spot.