Villa Madonna Vs Beechwood, Calvary Christian, and Holmes?

Can anyone tell me why Villa Madonna has received almost zero publicity on BGP while many have fallen over themselves to get to the front of the line to write how good (great in some cases) a season Beechwood, Calvary Christian, and Holmes are having?

Many have mentioned Calvary has a very small student body to support a soccer program. Villa Madonna and Calvary Christian have almost the exact number of students K-12, around 400.

The following are some facts about all 4 teams.

Beechwood, #94, SoS 442, 7-5-2

Calvary Christian, #102, SoS 725, 8-3-3

Holmes, #100, SoS 703, 7-3-3

Villa Madonna, #124, SoS 134, 4-5-4

Villa has TIED Calvary and Holmes this season, haven't played Beechwood yet. Sure Villa has the worst W-L-T record of the 4 but they have by far played the most difficult schedule.

I'm not here to say how great Villa is just wondering why Beechwood, in particular Calvary and Holmes have received a lot of write up on BGP this season and Villa has received basically zero when all 4 are having very similar (successful for them) seasons?

I'm not sure Villa is being snubbed. Maybe people have seen the other three more? Also, there are some cool things going on with the other three. For example...

Beechwood is a relatively new program (4 years?). It was not a foregone conclusion that boys soccer would even get a program, let alone that it would survive. They've only been eligible for post-season for the past two years and they haven't made Regionals... yet. There is a good chance that Holmes and Beechwood will be the 2 and 3 seeds in their District meaning one of the them will likely go to Regionals. What a great feeling for the kids who helped start the program 3 or 4 short years ago. That's kind of cool.

Holmes as a program has been steadily improving over the past several years. Lots of credit to Coach Haggard who has been a big factor in this. Another factor (IMO) was change in the law that raised the age high schoolers could drop out from 16 to 18; prior to that Holmes lost a fair number of kids each year when they turned 16 and left school to start working. The kids at Holmes don't always have the same opportunities to play select soccer, though in recent years some have begun playing and have done well. Holmes hasn't made Regionals in more than 10 years. I can't help rooting for them. Keep up the good work Coach Haggard.

Villa Madonna and Calvary Christian do appear to have some similarities. The thing that strikes me about the CC team is their youth. I saw a little bit of their freshman team play at Freshman Regionals and they looked pretty good. That's gotta have CC fans looking forward to the next couple of years. That's kind of exciting too.

As far as comparable stats, Villa has the least good record and lowest Maher rating of the four. Its true that their SoS is the hardest, but the Maher takes SoS into account along with the results you get along the way. No doubt there are special stories at Villa Madonna --like there are at most schools. I'd love to see some posts from folks in the know.

I hope all four of these teams continue to do well. I think we'd all like to see as many Northern KY teams be successful as possible. Lots of excellent kids to root for!

Calvary played Villa with a couple players out- down 2-0 late and came back almost pulled it out. The villa goalie is good- VERY good and made some big stops in that game- hats off to the villa team as they played Calvary well and deserve credit for the season they are having. Calvary is progressing- going to be fun to watch.

Calvary played Villa with a couple players out- down 2-0 late and came back almost pulled it out. The villa goalie is good- VERY good and made some big stops in that game- hats off to the villa team as they played Calvary well and deserve credit for the season they are having. Calvary is progressing- going to be fun to watch.

Villa Madonna GK Scott McQueen has the build and athleticism you'd look for in a recruited college keeper. Club and HS teams might not have gotten him looks, but he's the kind of player who could potentially walk-on to a program and give the incumbent or recruited GK a run for their money.

Villa beats Dixie 3-0 last night, This likely gives Villa the #2 seed in the district providing them a path to a possible regional appearance. Not sure when the last time Villa made it out of their district, but safe to say "there are cool things going on with all" four!

That is excellent for Villa. I think their last trip to Regionals was 2012. Villa already lost to St Henry so unless Dixie can upset the Cru, Villa will secure the #2 seed in the 3 team district. Dixie has one win on the season way back in August against Boone, so I'm feeling pretty good about Villa's chances to keep the #2 seed. That'll have them matching up again with Dixie in the #2/#3 game. Should be exciting. Good to see them in contention and people talking about the players.

Edited by Sir!