Jon Benet Ramsey - Your Thoughts on the Murder After All These Years

Science Friction

The thing that has always seemed extremely weird to me is the Santa that was friends of the family.

Aside from just being a very strange man, he and his wife lost a daughter to a rape and a murder on Dec. 26, 1974, the exact day 22 years earlier that JBR was killed.

Aside from this his wife was a playwright who wrote some award winning play years ago about a little girl being raped and murdered.

On Dateline last week they said that Santa made attendees at the funeral very uncomfortable when he stood up to speak, but they didn't go into what he had said, nor did they mention any of what I spoke of here in my above comments.

A few days after the murder Santa surprisingly appeared in the crowd during the Today show and got Al Roker's attention, and made some very strange weeping comments about what a beautiful girl she was, and Al just looked uncomfortably into the camera as to say "Alrighty Then". One of the strangest impromptu things I'd ever seen on TV. The Santa dude was pretty strange.

Digging deeper into Santa's past he was a college professor who was an adamant realist philosophically and it didn't exactly fit his behavior to celebrate Christmas, however if he were a pedophile, he being a Santa would add up.

How he became close to the family has never been brought up that I've ever heard, however being weird and creepy like he was, apparently he had in the past raised red flags with his behavior, and had been declined when applying to be a Santa in public spaces during the holidays because others had a bad feeling about him.

Also since he was a parent it also seemed weird that he would express so much interests in other people's children and devote his time to them.

The brother's story also seems weird as well making me sorta think that he might've killed her in a fit of jealous rage because perhaps she got all the attention or more toys for Christmas, and then the parents constructed a story to cover it up.

On the Dateline show they also said the 911 operator was sure that she heard 3 voices, but the parents had testified that the boy was in his room sleeping when they made the 911 call.

The small bit that I saw of the adult boy being interviewed by Dr. Phil was strange with the guy smiling when speaking of the murder, however he no doubt had a strange upbringing with all of this in his face his whole life, plus I do sorta understand nervous laughter in situations where no one would expect it.

If I didn't have questions about the brother, I'd seriously be inclined to think that this had something to do with the Santa and perhaps maybe even Santa's wife as well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that has always seemed extremely weird to me is the Santa that was friends of the family.

Aside from just being a very strange man, he and his wife lost a daughter to a rape and a murder on Dec. 26, 1974, the exact day 22 years earlier that JBR was killed.

Aside from this his wife was a playwright who wrote some award winning play years ago about a little girl being raped and murdered.

On Dateline last week they said that Santa made attendees at the funeral very uncomfortable when he stood up to speak, but they didn't go into what he had said, nor did they mention any of what I spoke of here in my above comments.

A few days after the murder Santa surprisingly appeared in the crowd during the Today show and got Al Roker's attention, and made some very strange weeping comments about what a beautiful girl she was, and Al just looked uncomfortably into the camera as to say "Alrighty Then". One of the strangest impromptu things I'd ever seen on TV. The Santa dude was pretty strange.

Digging deeper into Santa's past he was a college professor who was an adamant realist philosophically and it didn't exactly fit his behavior to celebrate Christmas, however if he were a pedophile, he being a Santa would add up.

How he became close to the family has never been brought up that I've ever heard, however being weird and creepy like he was, apparently he had in the past raised red flags with his behavior, and had been declined when applying to be a Santa in public spaces during the holidays because others had a bad feeling about him.

Also since he was a parent it also seemed weird that he would express so much interests in other people's children and devote his time to them.

The brother's story also seems weird as well making me sorta think that he might've killed her in a fit of jealous rage because perhaps she got all the attention or more toys for Christmas, and then the parents constructed a story to cover it up.

On the Dateline show they also said the 911 operator was sure that she heard 3 voices, but the parents had testified that the boy was in his room sleeping when they made the 911 call.

The small bit that I saw of the adult boy being interviewed by Dr. Phil was strange with the guy smiling when speaking of the murder, however he no doubt had a strange upbringing with all of this in his face his whole life, plus I do sorta understand nervous laughter in situations where no one would expect it.

If I didn't have questions about the brother, I'd seriously be inclined to think that this had something to do with the Santa and perhaps maybe even Santa's wife as well.

I found this very, very odd. I was unnerved by his smile.

Jon Benet's autopsy also revealed that she had eaten pineapple only a few hours before the murder. Photographs of the home taken on the day when JonBenét's body was found show a bowl of pineapple on the kitchen table with a spoon in it.Police reported that they found JonBenét's nine-year-old brother Burke Ramsey's fingerprints on this bowl. However, both Patsy and John Ramsey claimed not to remember putting the bowl on the table or feeding pineapple to JonBenét. The Ramseys have always maintained that Burke slept through the entire episode until he was awakened several hours after the police arrived, yet the 9-1-1 operator maintains that she definitely heard three voices during the call- Patsy and two male voices.

Apparently, there was DNA found on JB's clothes that was from an unknown male.

Btw, did anyone see Burke on Dr Phil? What a odd-acting young man(at least he seemed that way to me).

I believe someone from the FBI said they would not rule out anyone based on the DNA in this case. I read somewhere that it is possible it came from someone simply touching the clothing or underwear.

Something I always thought was odd- the fact that the $118,000 mentioned in the ransom note was said to be the exact amount of John Ramsey's bonus. Also, apparently Patsy could not be ruled out as the writer of the ransom note.

According to a Colorado Bureau of Investigation report, "There are indications that the author of the ransom note is Patricia Ramsey." However, they could not definitively prove it.

The ransom note was written with a pen and paper from the Ramsey home. A practice draft of the ransom note, also written with the same pen and paper, was also discovered.

I think hand writing experts stated over 20 letters matched Patsys hand writing.

That along with the facts you mentioned, leave little doubt that she wrote it IMO. The note was written on her paper with a pen found in the home. That would mean the killer spent a lot of time in the home, and put the pen back where they got it.

Back in July of 2008 , in light of the new DNA evidence, Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy gave a letter to John Ramsey , in which she officially apologized to the Ramsey family members:

This new scientific evidence convinces us ... to state that we do not consider your immediate family, including you, your wife, Patsy, and your son, Burke, to be under any suspicion in the commission of this crime....

The match of Male DNA on two separate items of clothing worn by the victim at the time of the murder makes it clear to us that an unknown male handled these items. There is no innocent explanation for its incriminating presence at three sites on these two different items of clothing that JonBenét was wearing at the time of her murder.... To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry. No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion, especially when public officials have not had sufficient evidence to initiate a trial in a court of law.... We intend in the future to treat you as the victims of this crime, with the sympathy due you because of the horrific loss you suffered.... I am aware that there will be those who will choose to continue to differ with our conclusion. But DNA is very often the most reliable forensic evidence we can hope to find and we rely on it often to bring to justice those who have committed crimes. I am very comfortable that our conclusion that this evidence has vindicated your family is based firmly on all of the evidence.

Does the DNA , for certain, rule out the Ramseys?