How Successful Will Trinity Be After Beatty?

TheDeuce

I've been thinking about this recently. With other traditional powers having changed coaches in the past couple years and seeing a decline in success, what will Trinity do post-Beatty? I think it's a forgone conclusion that the next coach will have a pretty difficult, if not impossible time duplicating or continuing the success Beatty has had. How much of it is the players Trinity has to choose from versus the coach? We've already seen schools like Male close the gap, and St. X is usually right there as well. When Beatty leaves, is it blood in the water for 6A?

I lean towards continued success for Trinity, but I don't see them continuing the dominance they have had over the state in recent memory. I think they will always have the horses, but I do think that Beatty has a lot to do with the success there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can hire a quality coach. They can even hire one who will have state championship wins in the future. But they can never hire someone who can come in and make such a dramatic schematic difference. There just isn't that environment out there right now. Beatty was able to change so much x and o wise, culture wise, the admission policies of the school are even different now than when he arrived (don't know if that was influenced by him or not). They are doing so many things at a high level right now whomever they hire cant do much to improve it.

What does that job pay?

I ask because there are some states where top coaches are making 6 figures.

I would bet he doesn't quite make six figures, but it could be close depending on how much he gets for teaching. His football supplement is probably listed around $10,000.

Obviously I have zero real knowledge.

Back to the topic, it's never easy being the guy that replaces "the guy". T has had a great run of talent over Beatty's tenure, which allows any coach to be successful. The adjustments that Beatty and his staff make heading into the playoffs are second to none. There will be a slight drop off because Beatty has been so successful, but it's still T, so instead of winning 14 or 15 games, they'll win 12 or 13 with a state championship.

Whenever he does step down, everyone else better get their shots in while they're in a transition period, because T is going to be good.

They were pretty good before Beatty, I see no problem with the Rocks continuing their winning ways if and when Beatty retires.

Except for periods from 1969 - 1971 and 1995 - 2000, Louisville Trinity has not gone more than 2 years without a state championship since 1968. Impressive!

Edited by OlDog75