Covington Catholic 5 McNicholas (Ohio) 2

groinpull

Stava did play but did not start the game.

McNick jumped out to a 1-0 lead after scoring on a poorly defended corner kick. CCH answered with three goals by Wulfeck, Lamb and Bradley to take a 3-1 lead at halftime. Did not catch the second half. CCH started to move the ball a bit better as the half wore on but to me, it does not appear to be an effective attack against a good team but we'll find out Saturday at Trinity.

Another jumbled lineup for CCH in this one. I'm very surprised that junior Thomas Cody has not seen any time in goal for the Colonels. I think for most observers he's the best keeper they have but apparently the coaches do not think so.

Stava did play but did not start the game.

McNick jumped out to a 1-0 lead after scoring on a poorly defended corner kick. CCH answered with three goals by Wulfeck, Lamb and Bradley to take a 3-1 lead at halftime. Did not catch the second half. CCH started to move the ball a bit better as the half wore on but to me, it does not appear to be an effective attack against a good team but we'll find out Saturday at Trinity.

Another jumbled lineup for CCH in this one. I'm very surprised that junior Thomas Cody has not seen any time in goal for the Colonels. I think for most observers he's the best keeper they have but apparently the coaches do not think so.

With CCH's lack of experience it is not surprising the coaching staff has played all of their players a lot of minutes and in a ton of different combinations up to this point. But at some point you would think they will settle into a firm starting 11 and roll with it. Consistency, rhythm, flow, knowing your teammates, etc is built through repetition. Almost exactly at the half way mark of the regular season is it time to start preparing for the post season, likely. Some very tough opponents coming up in the second half, @ Trinity, @ HHS, @ Ryle, @ Anderson (OH), Madison Central, @ Seven Hills (OH), Cooper, and Summit (OH), not doubt this team will be tested.