Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 5 McNicholas (Ohio) 2

Featured Replies

A win for CCH but sloppy in my opinion. No way McNick should score twice on them. Offensively they did a few nice things but they have shown an ability to score against weaker teams.

Nice win for CCH after a difficult result @ Ballard on Tuesday. "Sloppy" or not, I would expect McNick to be at least respectable. Nothing wrong with building some confidence heading into Saturday's clash @ Trinity. I missed this one, who scored for CCH, did Stava play?

  • Author

Stava did play but did not start the game.

 

McNick jumped out to a 1-0 lead after scoring on a poorly defended corner kick. CCH answered with three goals by Wulfeck, Lamb and Bradley to take a 3-1 lead at halftime. Did not catch the second half. CCH started to move the ball a bit better as the half wore on but to me, it does not appear to be an effective attack against a good team but we'll find out Saturday at Trinity.

 

Another jumbled lineup for CCH in this one. I'm very surprised that junior Thomas Cody has not seen any time in goal for the Colonels. I think for most observers he's the best keeper they have but apparently the coaches do not think so.

Stava did play but did not start the game.

 

McNick jumped out to a 1-0 lead after scoring on a poorly defended corner kick. CCH answered with three goals by Wulfeck, Lamb and Bradley to take a 3-1 lead at halftime. Did not catch the second half. CCH started to move the ball a bit better as the half wore on but to me, it does not appear to be an effective attack against a good team but we'll find out Saturday at Trinity.

 

Another jumbled lineup for CCH in this one. I'm very surprised that junior Thomas Cody has not seen any time in goal for the Colonels. I think for most observers he's the best keeper they have but apparently the coaches do not think so.

 

With CCH's lack of experience it is not surprising the coaching staff has played all of their players a lot of minutes and in a ton of different combinations up to this point. But at some point you would think they will settle into a firm starting 11 and roll with it. Consistency, rhythm, flow, knowing your teammates, etc is built through repetition. Almost exactly at the half way mark of the regular season is it time to start preparing for the post season, likely. Some very tough opponents coming up in the second half, @ Trinity, @ HHS, @ Ryle, @ Anderson (OH), Madison Central, @ Seven Hills (OH), Cooper, and Summit (OH), not doubt this team will be tested.

  • Author

I'd say some of the mixed lineups are due to some injuries but I'd agree that as the season wears on it should settle down. I'd love to see them beat Trinity but I really think they'll have trouble scoring against them but I could be wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.