Tenant Charged with Murder in Death of Missing KY Couple

lawildcat

I just want to say that I feel strongly that Crystal Warner's family will have closure soon. Then, things will turn to the legal process. One of these days, I'll share some stories and hopefully I will be able to use things I've learned to help others who are in the dire situation of trying to recover a loved one.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disturbing in that where the bodies of the woman(supposedly at this point) and man were found is directly on the driving path this Schneider driver would have traveled close to on his way to other stores from our store in the early morning hours, which makes me wonder if the bodies were in the cab of his truck while at our store on a delivery? They do take the trucks to their home as if they were their own

Mother of missing Florence woman believes remains found belong to her daughter

Kentucky State Police said the most recent remains were found off the Salt Lick Exit of I-64 in central Kentucky Monday afternoon. Investigators said the operator of a bulldozer found a skull and some personal items under a brush pile on private property.

The remains have not been identified yet but investigators and search teams have scoured that area for Warner since Jones' remains were found in August a few exits west.

Dave Rader with Texas Equusearch said his search teams were about 150 feet from where the remains were found but they weren't looking on private property. Instead, there was a call by search crews and investigators for people to look along their properties for any signs of remains.

Reeve said she was contacted by investigators shortly after the remains were found. She said that call was "kind of a happy but sad moment, too."

Based on the questions she was asked, she said she believes the remains could be her daughter.

Reeve said detectives already have Warner's dental records but she said investigators also asked her about clothing, a small tattoo and other items.

"He asked me if Crystal had had a broken arm and if she'd had plates put in and I said yes," she said.

While investigators haven't officially confirmed the remains are those of Warner, her mother said the find is "promising."

She also said investigators can verify more about the remains using numbers on the plates installed to fix the broken arm.

Reeve said she has a good feeling that the remains are her daughter's. She said there's a feeling of hope and peace that Warner could come home.

• 3 weeks later...

Death penalty sought for man accused in Florence couple's slaying

FLORENCE, KY -

Prosecutors are seeking death for the man accused of killing a couple from Florence.

Craig Pennington is accused of shooting and killing Robert Jones, 38, and Crystal Warner, 35.

The families of the slain victims are hoping Pennington will be sentenced to death.

It has been an emotional year for both families. This motion is another step in their fight for justice for two people who won't be home this Christmas.

"You just want to scream out, 'Murderer,'" Becky Isom said.

Wednesday was the first time the families had seen Pennington since the couple's bodies were found.

"You just want to tell him how awful he is, what harm he has caused. He doesn't even know what he took from us," Isom said.

A new filing in the case against Pennington may get the families the justice they hope for. The commonwealth attorney's office has filed a motion seeking the death penalty for Pennington.

Investigators said Pennington killed the Northern Kentucky couple in July, took their car and dumped their bodies.

Family members said the pair confronted Pennington, who was their tenant, at a cabin in central Kentucky over unpaid rent. They said he signed eviction documents in May.

Jones' body was found in August in Clark County, Kentucky, and Warner’s body was recovered late last month in Bath County, Kentucky.

"With Christmas coming up, you know, the holidays. You know, even the days that's not holidays, you know, you miss them. You think about them. Every time you hear a phone text, or ring, you know, the first thing I think, it's Crystal," Crystal Warner's mother, Mary Reeve, said.

Reeve said she wants justice no matter how long it takes.

"There's still a lot to go, you know. We want him to be convicted, and we want the death penalty," she said.

Attorneys said they are still waiting on evidence from investigations in the field to be processed to move the case forward.

Prosecutors are expected back in court in early February to make their case for the death penalty.

Pennington is charged with two counts of murder, one count each of robbery, kidnapping, tampering with physical evidence, theft by unlawful taking, wanton endangerment, terroristic threatening, two counts of abuse of a corpse and menacing.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Added Article Text

• 4 months later...