19yr old White kid shot dead by police.

jericho

Saw an article in today's Maysville paper focusing on young black men and their mentors and how afraid they were to even meet a policeman (seems like I read that this was out of Philadelphia but not certain). First instincts - turn around, cross the street, run away.

Things are dreadfully amiss when this is the case. People aren't supposed to be afraid of the law.

You hear so many times that black kids are afraid of the police, don't trust them. Yet they more likely to be killed by another black kid than a cop. Do they run away from them as well?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I guarantee they all center around drugs brought in from countries to help destroy inner cities and the fabric of black families in America.

Just curious, are you of the opinion, as some are, that this problem has been perpetuated by the government ? As in, a conspiracy ?

I have seen this proposed before, that the government has introduced drugs into the inner city as a means to "control" the population...similar to what you have referenced.

Just curious, not trying to inflame, because I don't put it past the government to be involved in something like that.

Just curious, are you of the opinion, as some are, that this problem has been perpetuated by the government ? As in, a conspiracy ?

I have seen this proposed before, that the government has introduced drugs into the inner city as a means to "control" the population...similar to what you have referenced.

Just curious, not trying to inflame, because I don't put it past the government to be involved in something like that.

Yes. I've always felt like the government has had a hand in the drug trade and drugs being sent into inner cities to control population has always been my Mountainref-Esque conspiracy theory. It seems like there is too much evidence showing it is real.

Yes. I've always felt like the government has had a hand in the drug trade and drugs being sent into inner cities to control population has always been my Mountainref-Esque conspiracy theory. It seems like there is too much evidence showing it is real.

I'm not a black helicopter conspiracy theorist, but I certainly don't trust that the government has our best interest in mind as a whole...

Having said that, I'm not sure where I fall on this one, but I'm not completely dismissive of it being a possibility. Too many reasons to make it plausible in my opinion.

I simply don't get why people keep promoting switching to a different issue. The topic at hand is perceived unnecessary violence against blacks by cops. This is like telling women that they shouldn't discuss cancer because they statistically more likely to die from heart disease.

I don't agree that it's a "different issue". It's another side to the same coin and by discussion we can all gain a better understanding of the perspective each may have.

Why is it wrong to ask multiple questions around the same issue ?

I'm not a black helicopter conspiracy theorist, but I certainly don't trust that the government has our best interest in mind as a whole...

Having said that, I'm not sure where I fall on this one, but I'm not completely dismissive of it being a possibility. Too many reasons to make it plausible in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm the same way. I normally laugh at conspiracy theories but this one just seems so real and capable of being executed flawlessly.

I thought you were asking if they ran away from other kids. My reply is yes, they run away if they can. Hard to outrun a bullet sometimes.

Just making sure you understood what I was asking and you did.

So who can a young inner city black kid trust? I know the ties with Mom and Grandmothers are there. If not neighbors and cops, who do they turn to?

Just making sure you understood what I was asking and you did.

So who can a young inner city black kid trust? I know the ties with Mom and Grandmothers are there. If not neighbors and cops, who do they turn to?

Their homies. That's about it.

I don't agree that it's a "different issue". It's another side to the same coin and by discussion we can all gain a better understanding of the perspective each may have.

Why is it wrong to ask multiple questions around the same issue ?

Again, that's like saying cancer is the same issue as heart disease. They both deserve focus, but in this case too many imply dismissing perceived violence via cops due to black on black violence.

Why can't they be battled as two separate problems?