14 yr old shot in back while playing ding dong ditch

SportsGuy41017

Hopefully this homeowner will be charged in the coming week.

A northeast Oklahoma teen who was shot by a homeowner New Year's Day may have been playing a neighborhood prank known as "ding dong ditching," police say.

The 14-year-old boy was seriously hurt around 1:30 a.m Friday in Pryor when he was shot on the homeowner's property, reports CBS affiliate KWTV. The teen's mother identified him to a KWTV reporter as Cole Peyton.

Cops: Oklahoma teen shot by homeowner may have been "ding dong ditching" - CBS News

The article says the prosecutor is investigating to determine if it was a legal shooting. If is determined it was a legal shooting there will be no charges filed, if it was not, charges will be filed.

Why do you hope charges will be filed?

The article says the prosecutor is investigating to determine if it was a legal shooting. If is determined it was a legal shooting there will be no charges filed, if it was not, charges will be filed.

Why do you hope charges will be filed?

Shooting a 14 year old in the back because he was ringing your door bell , a real good example of exercising his 2nd amendment constitutional rights . Edited by KyTmcNcc

Shooting a 14 year old in the back because he was ringing your door bell , a real good example of exercising his 2nd amendment constitutional rights .

They think that is what happened. That's why we have an investigation. I like to have all the evidence before making up my mind.

They think that is what happened. That's why we have an investigation. I like to have all the evidence before making up my mind.

Agreed, but the police did say that when they got there that the situation was different from what they were told.

1) Was the boy outside of the house? 2) Was the boy shot in the back? So far it looks like both answers are yes. It doesn't look good for the home owner, If that holds up he should be charged. I'm ok with them waiting and possibly cross all of their T's and dot all of their I's before they make a decision.

Agreed, but the police did say that when they got there that the situation was different from what they were told.

1) Was the boy outside of the house? 2) Was the boy shot in the back? So far it looks like both answers are yes. It doesn't look good for the home owner, If that holds up he should be charged. I'm ok with them waiting and possibly cross all of their T's and dot all of their I's before they make a decision.

It's a tragedy either way.

I'm not familiar with Oklahoma laws. It may be permissible to fire on anyone on your property not just in your home or covered porch as it is here in KY.

We played the same game back in the day with a much more abrasive racial connotation.

I hate that a kid was shot, no matter the circumstance.

WE LIVE IN SUCH A POLITICALLY CORRECT WORLD!!!!!! NOW THE NAMES OF THE GAMES ARE CHANGING!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS ALWAYS OFFENDED!!!!!!!!

:lol2: :lol2:

WE LIVE IN SUCH A POLITICALLY CORRECT WORLD!!!!!! NOW THE NAMES OF THE GAMES ARE CHANGING!!!!!!! EVERYONE IS ALWAYS OFFENDED!!!!!!!!

:lol2: :lol2:

No kidding. Heck my roommate in college and I went, and he was black. It's what he called it too. I was so naive.

Parents need to teach their kids that this isn't the 1970s and you can't do that stuff anymore. So much crime and bad things on the news, I don't blame a homeowner for what happens if provoked, you never know.

Hate it for the kid and glad he will live.

Parents need to teach their kids that this isn't the 1970s and you can't do that stuff anymore. So much crime and bad things on the news, I don't blame a homeowner for what happens if provoked, you never know.

Hate it for the kid and glad he will live.

Crime is down from the 70's.

Hysteria is up along with the belief that individuals have the right to pull the trigger when people do something they don't like.