COV CATH vs TRINTY

MJK3490

He had them rolling last year and then they peaked too early.

Peaked too early? Could this be said about any team that doesn't win the state title? Eventual Ohio DI state champ Cincy X shut out CovCath 24 - 0 and a week later a very solid Columbus Watterson took CovCath behind the woodshed in Columbus. Other than that, a 7 point loss to Highlands in a game that could have gone either way and a 3 point loss to eventual state champs LexCath in a playoff game that could have gone either way were the losses. I don't think they peaked too early as much as they hit the tough part of the schedule. Moeller held CovCath to 6 the week after the Colonels dropped 37 on Dixie and the week before they dropped 42 on NewCath.

Peaked too early? Could this be said about any team that doesn't win the state title? Eventual Ohio DI state champ Cincy X shut out CovCath 24 - 0 and a week later a very solid Columbus Watterson took CovCath behind the woodshed in Columbus. Other than that, a 7 point loss to Highlands in a game that could have gone either way and a 3 point loss to eventual state champs LexCath in a playoff game that could have gone either way were the losses. I don't think they peaked too early as much as they hit the tough part of the schedule. Moeller held CovCath to 6 the week after the Colonels dropped 37 on Dixie and the week before they dropped 42 on NewCath.

Absolutely right. :thumb:

He had them rolling last year and then they peaked too early. Funny thing about the spread offense. When you're on your game, and the timing clicks, it's undefendable. If your timing is off a little bit, you're 3 and out without taking any time off of the clock for most of the game. It's very difficult to get that timing back once you lose it. That's what appears to have happened to them last year, whether that had to do with defensive schemes catching up, I don't know.

They scored 39 points in their playoff loss. The O seemed fine.

BTW #85 Was Brandon Brown.

Not surprised that it was Brown that was providing the tight coverage. LN has always stated that while Castanada is good, Brown is better but just doesn't get the hype that Castanada has. LN feels Brown tackles much better and plays with more intensity than Castanada, but because Brown is shorter and smaller, Castanada seems to get more credit for being the better db. Or maybe LN thinks Brown is better because Brandon' grandmother is the Mayor of Ft. Thomas:banana:

A very entertaining game. I was impressed with the qb #22 and wr #1. Nick looked good for the most part. Looks like he has bulked up some. Robey at TE was interesting. I wish these great programs could play for real. Good luck to CC this year... they will make some noise for sure.