3A playoffs

ftbll4life

Shew, I am not sure what happens. Looks like they is a bunch of tyes in this division.

How do they settle them? They should use the rankings of each team to figure it out.

District 3 - 2nd place tyed between Henry, Bardstown and Waggener.

District 5 - 1st place tyed between Russell, West Carter and Fleming Co.

District 7 - 4th place tyed between Morgan Co, Knott Co and Magoffin Co.

Henry Co. is locked into the 2 seed. Neither Waggener nor Bardstown can pick up enough points to leapfrog them. I could be wrong, but it appears Waggener controls its own destiny as far as a win over Valley guarantees them the No. 3 seed with 12 points. Best Bardstown can get is 11 with a W over ACS.

So either Waggener or Bardstown will go to LexCath as the 4 seed, with Waggener having the inside track at the 3 seed.

Here is a view of the west:

District 1:

1. Caldwell Co.

2. Paducah Tilman

3. Union Co.

4. Fort Campbell

District 2:

1. Elizabethtown

2. Adair Co.

3. Edmonson Co.

4. Hart Co.

Playoff games: Hart Co. at Caldwell Co, Edmonston Co. at Paducah Tilman, Union Co. at Adair Co, Fort Campbell at Elizabethtown

District 3:

1. Central

T2: Waggner, Henry Co., Bardstown (all tied with district records of 3-2)

District 4:

1. LexCath

2. Boyle County

3. Garrard Co.

4. Western Hills

Playoff - Western Hills at Central. Other games - TBD. LexCath and Boyle Co. will host, Garrard County will travel.

District 3 needs to go into the 3-way TB.

I believe this is correct.

When it comes to 3-way ties, it comes down to how many wins each team's out of district wins, have.

Knott Central has 3 out of district wins (East Ridge, South Floyd and Betsy Layne). Betsy Layne has 0 wins...South Floyd and East Ridge have 3 each so that makes Knott Central have 6.

Morgan County has 3 out of district wins (Betsy Layne, Allen Central and Jackson County) Jackson County has 1 win, Allen Central has 4 wins, totaling Morgan to 5.

Magoffin County has 1 out of district win (Betsy Layne) and of course Betsy Layne is winless so far this season, so Magoffin won't be going to the playoffs.

Either way it goes, Knott Central will be the 4th seed in District 7 and a date @ Corbin in two weeks.

Knott kinda has seven points, as East Ridge plays South Floyd (and Knott beat them both).

Knott can end it by simply beating Allen Central. Then it would have 11 points.

HOWEVER, Morgan can pick up FOUR points this week (beat Sheldon Clark gives them two, having Jackson beat Clinton would give them another AND having Allen Central beat Knott would give them another point AND Knott wouldn't pick up any).

If Magoffin beats West Carter, it would go from 0-7 points. However, with no other wins, I'm pretty sure they're out of the tiebreaker.

Knott obviously in the driver's seat, but it's NOT over.

I couldn't ever see a coach doing this but would any team benefit their playoff seeding in the 3-way ties by losing this week? If they lose it would give their opponent another win which would boost their position in the tie-breaker. Food for thought.

Not this week, but PRP would have been better off LOSING to Butler instead of winning.

PRP has Trinity in first round.

PRP could have had Simon Kenton in first round instead (and easier games instead of X in round 2 and Male in Round 3).

Not this week, but PRP would have been better off LOSING to Butler instead of winning.

PRP has Trinity in first round.

PRP could have had Simon Kenton in first round instead (and easier games instead of X in round 2 and Male in Round 3).

Ouch that's definitely a tough playoff road. I would rather have Butler's route for sure even though the destiny is probably the same. Out in the first round.