H.S. bully who was beating a blind kid stopped with one punch

SportsGuy41017

Blanket policies are a bad, bad thing.
Well, it is California, home of feel good, knee-jerk, bad blanket policies that the rest of the country seems to want to mirror.

We need more leaders in schools and everywhere else like the teen that did the right thing by coming to the aid of a defenseless blind kid.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I'll get raked through the coals for this, but....

I completely applaud this kid for putting an end to the bullying, however I don't think the punch was necessary. I'd be willing to bet had the kid just stepped in and "challenged" the bully he would've stopped. Violence doesn't need to be used to stop bullying, usually just standing up to them will do the trick.

I'm sure I'll get raked through the coals for this, but....

I completely applaud this kid for putting an end to the bullying, however I don't think the punch was necessary. I'd be willing to bet had the kid just stepped in and "challenged" the bully he would've stopped. Violence doesn't need to be used to stop bullying, usually just standing up to them will do the trick.

That's possible. However, my concern would be that it appeared the bully had a group of friends with him. Give him a chance to be brave by just challenging him and you might find yourself surrounded and outnumbered by a "bravery in numbers" attitude. Taking him out with one punch then getting the victim out of there prevents the group courage from building up.

Violence doesn't need to be used to stop bullying, usually just standing up to them will do the trick.

I don't know how many or what kind of bullies you've encountered in your days, but I've literally never known of a bully to stop just because somebody told them to... :lol2:

That's possible. However, my concern would be that it appeared the bully had a group of friends with him. Give him a chance to be brave by just challenging him and you might find yourself surrounded and outnumbered by a "bravery in numbers" attitude. Taking him out with one punch then getting the victim out of there prevents the group courage from building up.

Fair point.

I don't know how many or what kind of bullies you've encountered in your days, but I've literally never known of a bully to stop just because somebody told them to... :lol2:

I don't know. If he had pulled him off and told him if he touched him again he was going to knock him out, you don't think that may have had the same impact? The kid who knocked him out was significantly bigger than the bully, or at least it appeared that way.

I don't know how many or what kind of bullies you've encountered in your days' date=' but I've literally never known of a bully to stop just because somebody told them to... :lol2:[/quote']

That's the democrat way, to ask them to stop nicely, talk things out. Despite what their mommas taught them, sometimes force/violence does solve problems.

I don't know. If he had pulled him off and told him if he touched him again he was going to knock him out, you don't think that may have had the same impact? The kid who knocked him out was significantly bigger than the bully, or at least it appeared that way.

Personally I don't think it would have the same affect... Knock him out first, when he wakes up tell him if he does it again, he'll get a second helping, and then see if he bullies the kid again.