Tennis Pro James Blake Tackled By New York Cops

FanofMany33

Most people on here probably don't know James Blake at all.

He's a really highly respected (now retired) pro tennis player. Very smart and well spoken (Harvard) and was generally considered to be the nicest guy on tour.

If the cop would have spent thirty seconds talking to him he'd know there's no way he's the guy.

edit to add that Blake plays on what is basically the senior tennis tour, along with John McEnroe, Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi, etc. I watch their matches sometimes and I seem to recall that it was mentioned Blake was recently hired to run one of the main tour's functions like charitable giving or something like that.

Most people on here probably don't know James Blake at all.

He's a really highly respected (now retired) pro tennis player. Very smart and well spoken (Harvard) and was generally considered to be the nicest guy on tour.

If the cop would have spent thirty seconds talking to him he'd know there's no way he's the guy.

edit to add that Blake plays on what is basically the senior tennis tour, along with John McEnroe, Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi, etc. I watch their matches sometimes and I seem to recall that it was mentioned Blake was recently hired to run one of the main tour's functions like charitable giving or something like that.

Great post and I completely agree. Even if this was some ordinary "innocent" Joe, they never should have been treated in such manner for that type of crime that was being investigated. It's sad because I have a great deal of trust and respect for law enforcement officers and teach my kids to have the same. But knowing at any moment we could be at the mercy of an "idiot cop" is pretty scary.

"The Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association said his arrest of Mr. Blake 'was made under fluid circumstances where the subject might have fled.'"

I get that unions are meant to take up for their members, but that's not what they're doing when they more or less encourage the public to ignore their statements.

"The Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association said his arrest of Mr. Blake 'was made under fluid circumstances where the subject might have fled.'"

I get that unions are meant to take up for their members, but that's not what they're doing when they more or less encourage the public to ignore their statements.

No argument there. Sometimes even when guilt is clear as bottled water some union parties will still hide behind the cloak and deny deny deny.

Just watched tape - was on a golf trip this weekend. That is BAD!!! I typically give the police the benefit of the doubt but not here. No way what the cop did is justified in any way. Sounds like others have accused him of beating them up before. Union looks crazy trying to defend that.