Half of immigrant family on welfare.

jericho

Glad to see that since I work I can have my money spent on an illegal person who don't have to work.

73 percent for immigrant households from Central America and Mexico

In 2012, 51 percent of households headed by an [illegal or legal] immigrant reported that they used at least one welfare program

About half of immigrant households on welfare, report says | Fox News

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

***sigh ***

Is it so hard to understand that immigrants may need some social aid while establishing themselves? I am very familiar with the process of the Catholic Charities programs, in conjunction with the Kentucky Refugee Ministries. I have worked with many, many of their immigrants. The immigrants are put through a program that gets them into the workforce as quickly as possible. Buy in the beginning, they are supported by social programs and charity organizations. There are so many examples I could throw out of immigrants who now fully support themselves. But you wouldn't have even an iota of interest in that.

Glad to see that since I work I can have my money spent on an illegal person who don't have to work.

Camarota noted that immigrants often are receiving welfare not due to unemployment, but because they are not earning enough to be ineligible.

If one is on some kind of government assistance, are you at least happy that they are contributing (illegal/legal) members to American society? Abuse of the system is never cool. But I think you would find abuse coming just as frequent or more so than from our American born citizens.

Camarota noted that immigrants often are receiving welfare not due to unemployment, but because they are not earning enough to be ineligible.

It's not uncommon in the underground immigrant labor world for people to be paid in cash. I wonder if in some cases they are making enough, but because it's under the table they're still able to be eligible for benefits?

***sigh ***

Is it so hard to understand that immigrants may need some social aid while establishing themselves? I am very familiar with the process of the Catholic Charities programs, in conjunction with the Kentucky Refugee Ministries. I have worked with many, many of their immigrants. The immigrants are put through a program that gets them into the workforce as quickly as possible. Buy in the beginning, they are supported by social programs and charity organozarions. There are so many examples I could throw out of immigrants who now fully support themselves. But you wouldn't habe even an iota of interest in that.

Because it doesn't support the idea that all immigrants are villains, evil, lazy, shiftless folks here to drag down our society. And it overlooks the issue that there are far more "native" born Americans (I love that term used in the article, since we did our best to get rid of the real folks that are native born to this land) that take "advantage" of the system. Are the some bad apples?? Yep, absolutely. But the majority are hard working folks who are trying to make better lives for them and their family, just like us, and they make significant contributions to our economy. Like it or not our "native" population has just as many of the problems and issues we like to label all immigrants as having.

It's not uncommon in the underground immigrant labor world for people to be paid in cash. I wonder if in some cases they are making enough, but because it's under the table they're still able to be eligible for benefits?

Sure there is some of that.

I've actually seen that working that way for "Native Born Americans" as well in my area.

Normal for transition period.

My problem is with the illegal immigrants getting anything.

But NO NO NO NO

They have to have a start somehow, its just up to taxpayers to give them free food, healthcare, housing.

I sure don't mind taking food from my kids mouth to help and sure don't care spending more money for healthcare so they can go whenever they want since its free.

Normal for transition period.

My problem is with the illegal immigrants getting anything.

Word. ^

Every immigrant who crossed the border illegally is a CRIMINAL. Period. Crossing the border illegally was the crime they committed.

If they are US Citizens or have permission from both their home country government and ours to live/work here as a non US citizen, I have no problem with our taxes helping them get started.

I've actually seen that working that way for "Native Born Americans" as well in my area.

True, true. I guess though, at least part of the rub is that you don't have to worry about the "Native Born Americans" sending their money back across the border. They're at least fully invested in the local economy where they live.

But NO NO NO NO

They have to have a start somehow, its just up to taxpayers to give them free food, healthcare, housing.

I sure don't mind taking food from my kids mouth to help and sure don't care spending more money for healthcare so they can go whenever they want since its free.

They do.

More people who come here to lead productive lives, the more taxes we get, the stronger the country becomes.

Your anger needs focused on what is wrong, not everything else.

They do.

More people who come here to lead productive lives, the more taxes we get, the stronger the country becomes.

Your anger needs focused on what is wrong, not everything else.

If true fine.

But I see a lot of immigrants just milking the system with no intention of ever working. Why would they when they get free heathcare, food, phone, housing. Living the dream.

Some who do work send the money back to Mexico for their families. So the money they do make dont get spent here anyway.