Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IL Police Officer Killed

Featured Replies

This is sad on so many levels...bad decisions lead to desperate decisions too often.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Talk about a turn.

The real victims in this is his family.

From loss of loved one to insurance money from the suicide.

 

Bad and sad day for them.

You want some fun reading, go to the facebook page of ABC 7 Chicago and read the comments on the story about this.

 

This is the first comment posted:

 

They doing everything in their power to paint him as a bad guy to deflect what really happened: I believe it was a hit man within the department.
  • Author
The real victims in this is his family.

From loss of loved one to insurance money from the suicide.

 

Bad and sad day for them.

 

Unless his life insurance policy was just recently taken out his family will get the death benefit.

You want some fun reading, go to the facebook page of ABC 7 Chicago and read the comments on the story about this.

 

This is the first comment posted:

 

One thing I learned a LONG time ago. Never read the comments sections on news websites or Facebook pages unless you want to get real ticked off.

Unless his life insurance policy was just recently taken out his family will get the death benefit.

 

I was always under the assumption a suicide didnt get insurance money.

Am I wrong or do some allow it?

I was always under the assumption a suicide didnt get insurance money.

Am I wrong or do some allow it?

 

Most that I know of have a time limit (I think the norm is 2 years). If a suicide is committed in those 2 years, no benefit given. Outside those 2 years, benefit paid.

 

Reason is, not many people are planning their suicide over 2 years out. It's typically a short time frame in which someone decides to do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks, I didnt know that.

  • Author

Text from the officer to someone else regarding the new city administrator:

 

JG: “She hates me and I’ve never said more than 3 sentences to her in the year shes been here… hates the explorer program and is crawling up my "rear end" and the program, chief wont sign off to move it to American legion and if she gets ahold of the checking account, im pretty well [expletive]”

 

Source: Messages Recovered From Fox Lake Lieutenant's Phone Shed Light on 'Extensive Criminal Activity' | NBC Chicago

Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.