Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Decision Day. What will she do?

What will Kim Davis do today? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

    • Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
      74%
    • Resign
      9%
    • Close her office
      9%
    • Issue Licenses
      0%
      0
    • Other. Please explain
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Last ditch effort by Judge Bunning to relay the seriousness of her actions and make sure she understands the consequences.

 

So why not face to face?

  • Replies 509
  • Views 45.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he is in Covington and she is in Rowan Co.?

 

btw, I'm just spitballing here....

I don't know if I ever looked at my marriage license. What exactly does one look like, and what does it say?

 

They list your names, names of your parents, birth dates, ages, prior (if any) marriages, address, etc.

 

The official fills out the bottom portion when the wedding takes place noting he/she is bonded to perform marriages in that state.

I'm sorry but I see Liberty Counsel behind a lot of this and she is willing to just go with their counseling and say what they want her to say so they can stay in the limelight for themselves. Just my opinion. Dealt with them before.

I don't understand why some of the deputy clerks don't just go ahead and issue the licenses anyway unless they all agree with her. If I worked there and did not agree with her I'd have issued away. What could she do, fire me for following the directions of the Governor and Supreme Court? If so I feel like my wrongful termination lawsuit would be a slam dunk. I have to think they must all be on board with her actions.

I don't understand why some of the deputy clerks don't just go ahead and issue the licenses anyway unless they all agree with her. If I worked there and did not agree with her I'd have issued away. What could she do, fire me for following the directions of the Governor and Supreme Court? If so I feel like my wrongful termination lawsuit would be a slam dunk. I have to think they must all be on board with her actions.

 

Some people can't afford to make that decision. There are still bills to be paid and children to feed.

Judges, like umpires, typically prefer to "react to the play" and then make the call. Strongly suspect Plaintiffs have filed Motions for Contempt since the 6th Circuit ruled. At that time, she had her wrongheaded answer about "August 31st" without clearly reading the order said "until the earlier of August 31st or the 6th Circuit rules." She also had the wrongheaded answer about "We have filed an appeal to the Supreme Court" despite there being no stay in place during that appeal.

 

Now that both the 31st and the Supreme Court have passed, not sure what her story will be (other than "God told her" or "no statutes on the books yet"). If ever there were a time to say "Mrs. Davis, we've given you all the rope we can and you are intent on wrapping it around your neck. Issue the Plaintiffs a marriage license and confirm to this Court in writing (email or fax from counsel is sufficient) that you have done so prior to 1300 ET or the US Marshal will take you into custody for contempt of this court, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of these United States of America!"

Judge Bunning has scheduled a conference call at 11:00 with both sides.

 

I would give anything just to be able to be in on that call.

 

I'm assuming that it would be quite tense.

 

And what if she refuses to take the call with the couple involved?

 

We all know she isn't going to cave. She's going to be jailed and fined, then someone will step in and do the job legally.

 

And then, someone will run for her office on the promise of denying rights, and the whole ordeal will take on a new life.

This is just embarrassing. She needs to be jailed or removed of her duties. Epic waste of taxpayer funds to waste time on this.

The deputy clerk's refusal to issue marriage licenses brings up another issue. If your boss tells you to do/not do something that violates the law, are the deputy clerks responsible themselves? I think they are. If they get fired, then they have a great retaliation lawsuit. If Kim Davis told me not to issue marriage certificates, I would tell her to do it herself.

The deputy clerk's refusal to issue marriage licenses brings up another issue. If your boss tells you to do/not do something that violates the law, are the deputy clerks responsible themselves? I think they are. If they get fired, then they have a great retaliation lawsuit. If Kim Davis told me not to issue marriage certificates, I would tell her to do it herself.

 

I raised the same question 5 pays earlier.

If she cannot bring herself to issue the licenses, it's rather obvious that she needs to resign.

Contempt of court hearing scheduled for Thursday in Ashland.

  • Author
Contempt of court hearing scheduled for Thursday in Ashland.

 

 

Anyone wants to come to the hearing I'll let you buy me lunch.

Anyone wants to come to the hearing I'll let you buy me lunch.

 

Pay for my gas and you've got a deal. :banana:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.