Decision Day. What will she do?

LRCW

What will Kim Davis do today?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kim Davis do today?

• Continue to deny marriage licenses, and go to jail.
    • Resign
    • Close her office
    • Issue Licenses
    • Other. Please explain

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I ever looked at my marriage license. What exactly does one look like, and what does it say?

They list your names, names of your parents, birth dates, ages, prior (if any) marriages, address, etc.

The official fills out the bottom portion when the wedding takes place noting he/she is bonded to perform marriages in that state.

I'm sorry but I see Liberty Counsel behind a lot of this and she is willing to just go with their counseling and say what they want her to say so they can stay in the limelight for themselves. Just my opinion. Dealt with them before.

I don't understand why some of the deputy clerks don't just go ahead and issue the licenses anyway unless they all agree with her. If I worked there and did not agree with her I'd have issued away. What could she do, fire me for following the directions of the Governor and Supreme Court? If so I feel like my wrongful termination lawsuit would be a slam dunk. I have to think they must all be on board with her actions.

I don't understand why some of the deputy clerks don't just go ahead and issue the licenses anyway unless they all agree with her. If I worked there and did not agree with her I'd have issued away. What could she do, fire me for following the directions of the Governor and Supreme Court? If so I feel like my wrongful termination lawsuit would be a slam dunk. I have to think they must all be on board with her actions.

Some people can't afford to make that decision. There are still bills to be paid and children to feed.

Judges, like umpires, typically prefer to "react to the play" and then make the call. Strongly suspect Plaintiffs have filed Motions for Contempt since the 6th Circuit ruled. At that time, she had her wrongheaded answer about "August 31st" without clearly reading the order said "until the earlier of August 31st or the 6th Circuit rules." She also had the wrongheaded answer about "We have filed an appeal to the Supreme Court" despite there being no stay in place during that appeal.

Now that both the 31st and the Supreme Court have passed, not sure what her story will be (other than "God told her" or "no statutes on the books yet"). If ever there were a time to say "Mrs. Davis, we've given you all the rope we can and you are intent on wrapping it around your neck. Issue the Plaintiffs a marriage license and confirm to this Court in writing (email or fax from counsel is sufficient) that you have done so prior to 1300 ET or the US Marshal will take you into custody for contempt of this court, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of these United States of America!"

Judge Bunning has scheduled a conference call at 11:00 with both sides.

I would give anything just to be able to be in on that call.

I'm assuming that it would be quite tense.

And what if she refuses to take the call with the couple involved?

We all know she isn't going to cave. She's going to be jailed and fined, then someone will step in and do the job legally.

And then, someone will run for her office on the promise of denying rights, and the whole ordeal will take on a new life.

The deputy clerk's refusal to issue marriage licenses brings up another issue. If your boss tells you to do/not do something that violates the law, are the deputy clerks responsible themselves? I think they are. If they get fired, then they have a great retaliation lawsuit. If Kim Davis told me not to issue marriage certificates, I would tell her to do it herself.

The deputy clerk's refusal to issue marriage licenses brings up another issue. If your boss tells you to do/not do something that violates the law, are the deputy clerks responsible themselves? I think they are. If they get fired, then they have a great retaliation lawsuit. If Kim Davis told me not to issue marriage certificates, I would tell her to do it herself.

I raised the same question 5 pays earlier.