How often do the CovCath Crazies give up on the football team?

theguru

Voice of Reason pointed out that when Beechwood embarrassed CovCath last year that the Crazies gave up on the Football Colonels.

Here is the quote: I will tell who did quit at that game (the 2014 Beechwood/CovCath game) - the Crazies. They left in the third quarter.

How often does this happen with the Crazies?

On a side note, do real cheering sections give up on their team? Is it ever okay for a team's cheering section to leave the game out of frustration?

People's dedication tends to be maximized when there is some semblance of hope. The coaching staff could not muster it. The players quickly followed suit. It then permeated to the fan base. The Cov Cath cheering section leaving early against a rival is a reflection of the year at large. I bet it won't be happening this year. I know they don't leave early during a close basketball game.

On a side note, do real cheering sections give up on their team? Is it ever okay for a team's cheering section to leave the game out of frustration?

Absolutely. If a team ever gives up on a game, a cheering section has every right to leave. Especially if they paid to come cheer on the team.

In my opinion the student body has not earn the right to call themselves " crazies" the last couple of football seasons.Now part of the problem has been playing on Saturdays.

There has been conflicts, I know that a least one game a group of seniors have been on retreat, there are soccer games and other school events that are held on Saturday so as not to conflict with Friday football.

But that being said, I think the support for team has been sub-par.

Even with all the conflicts there should be 200 plus student at every home game and 100 plus at away games.

In my opinion the student body has not earn the right to call themselves " crazies" the last couple of football seasons.Now part of the problem has been playing on Saturdays.

There has been conflicts, I know that a least one game a group of seniors have been on retreat, there are soccer games and other school events that are held on Saturday so as not to conflict with Friday football.

But that being said, I think the support for team has been sub-par.

Even with all the conflicts there should be 200 plus student at every home game and 100 plus at away games.

X 2...well said

How often? Often.

Football on Saturday afternoons when its 85 degrees out is just not where most of the 15-18 year olds want to spend their time losing their voice for the next few days.

It's really unbelievable that this thread exists.

I don't remember those mid 80 days in October, but heck I am the OLDbird. :banana:

Covington Catholic gets the opportunity to play in the first game played in the New Nippert Stadium. I would certainly hope that the entire student body and fans show up. I can assure you that StX will bring at least 8-10,000 fans (because they always do to Nippert). It would be embarrassing if only 200 'crazies' show up... no excuses people. You do not want to be embarrassed....

I believe there is a highlands highlight film that shows the "crazies" going nuts before the start of the game. Then a clip shows the "crazies" somewhere around third and fourth quarter with crickets chirping and about 1/4 of them still even at the game.