Justice will be served today for Deputy Kyle Dinkheller

halfback20

Well, it could be argued he deserved to die during the shootout with the officer...why shouldn't he now?

I would say two completely different circumstances. During the shoot out, he was a threat, a lethal threat, to the officer and anyone who would have been around and possibly after he escaped. I don't think the question is did he deserve to die during the shoot out, I think it is without JUSTIFIED lethal force, he was capable to taking an innocent life and that threat needed to be ended quickly. Once captured, he was no longer a lethal threat to anyone.

Saying this, when it comes to someone using lethal force to protect themselves or other innocents, if there is question as to whether such force was truly justified, I tend to give some benefit of the doubt to the defendant due to in the heat of a dangerous moment, he or she often times is going through an adrenaline dump and has a split second to determine what action to take where as us behind a computer can replay a video over and over again and judge will the cool, calm mind.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be Pro-Life and support capital punishment... JMO.

Yes you can. In one, you're giving something a chance at life. To lead a good life. In the other the person being punished has obviously done some terrible wrongs to be put in situation where they need to pay for their crimes.

No it isn't. I would say that depends on what each persons definition of "pro-life" is.

I can be pro-life and still kill someone who is attacking me, you or my family. Saying I'm not pro-life because I'm willing to defend my or someone else's life (even if that means killing another person) is in fact absurd.

If someone is attacking you, your family or a loved one and you kill them (assuming it's justified), I will more than likely support your actions 100% and back you to the fullest. I would say the person got what they deserved, and you should be commended for defending your family... Still, in my opinion, that action is contradictory to the "Pro-Life" way of thinking. Doesn't change how I feel about your actions at all...

I knew a guy in college who had to do a paper on his defense of the death penalty. After a couple of days of research he went to his professor and asked if he could change his topic to being opposed to the death penalty. Why? All his research pointed to victims' relative getting very little, if any, closure when the murderer is himself put to death. In fact, many end up feeling a sense of pity for the surviving family members of the executed person. I am as conservative as they come. But I pray very hard when it comes to the death penalty and there is simply no good answer. I believe society feels like it has to right a wrong and sometimes it simply cannot be done.