Jordan Johnson, Head Coach at Louisville Waggener

ChiefSmoke

Yes

If I remember correctly Ken left Waggener to coach with son Kyle in NKY (Ryle?) after the loss to Highlands for 1998 3A title.

Wolfe came in after that.

Sounds right. I believe Ken retired last year and Kyle's still coaching down here in Georgia.

Sorry to derail the thread. I really hope the new coach can do some good things at Waggener. I good football team can mean a world of difference to a school.

Congratulations to Jordan, I know that he will miss his players at Manual and Coach Lucas's leadership. However he has assembled a great staff at Waggener and will give those students something to fight for!

Very interesting, who is on his staff that he has put together?

Congrats to Coach Johnson, A well deserved hire. His team will be well prepared and play very solid defense for sure. His players will love him for sure and his Manual boys will miss him for sure. At Manual he took over the Defense, changed the scheme as well as the attitude of the players. He has left a solid foundation for the next DC at Manual to take over. I'm sure he will take a few Manual coaches with him as well. I look for a nice turn around for WHS this year.