Ryle / George Rogers Clark 6A Round 1 Predictions (11/7/14)

MNCM

Who Wins?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

I took a very quick look at some numbers from the KHSAA scoreboard.

Ryle

Current Record: 4-6

225 points scored (offense) 22.5ppg (High game total of 50/low game total of 3)

229 points yielded (defense) 22.9 ppg (High game total of 46/low game total of 12)

2016 Rushing Yards

1362 Rushing Yards Allowed

1078 Passing Yards

1072 Passing Yards Allowed

GRC

Current Record: 5-5

179 points scored (offense) 17.9ppg (High game total of 46/low game total of 0)

302 points yielded (defense) 30.2ppg (High game total of 61/low game total of 6)

1107 Rushing Yards

1911 Rushing Yards Allowed

891 Passing Yards

939 Passing Yards Allowed

Common Opponent/s: Scott County

8/29 @Ryle (vs. Scott County): Scott County wins 46 - 14

9/26 @Scott County (vs. GRC): Scott County wins 61-13

The numbers are relatively close in most categories as they are spread out across the season, but Ryle has a distinct advantage in rushing. GRC has a three game win streak coming into this contest with home field advantage and that can be a very powerful thing come playoff time. As of right now, I am thinking this will be a high scoring shootout that goes to the wire.

Special teams play will be the difference..........

GRC 48

Ryle 44

I think the Raiders come in with a big chip on their shoulders. We have been in every district game we lost. A few plays being the difference between wins and losses. I think the seniors are not ready for this to be the last HS game they play. I think we win with defense and move on.

Ryle 21 GRC 7.

I took a very quick look at some numbers from the KHSAA scoreboard.

Ryle

Current Record: 4-6

225 points scored (offense) 22.5ppg (High game total of 50/low game total of 3)

229 points yielded (defense) 22.9 ppg (High game total of 46/low game total of 12)

2016 Rushing Yards

1362 Rushing Yards Allowed

1078 Passing Yards

1072 Passing Yards Allowed

GRC

Current Record: 5-5

179 points scored (offense) 17.9ppg (High game total of 46/low game total of 0)

302 points yielded (defense) 30.2ppg (High game total of 61/low game total of 6)

1107 Rushing Yards

1911 Rushing Yards Allowed

891 Passing Yards

939 Passing Yards Allowed

Common Opponent/s: Scott County

8/29 @Ryle (vs. Scott County): Scott County wins 46 - 14

9/26 @Scott County (vs. GRC): Scott County wins 61-13

The numbers are relatively close in most categories as they are spread out across the season, but Ryle has a distinct advantage in rushing. GRC has a three game win streak coming into this contest with home field advantage and that can be a very powerful thing come playoff time. As of right now, I am thinking this will be a high scoring shootout that goes to the wire.

Special teams play will be the difference..........

GRC 48

Ryle 44

This score will not be that high. Ryles defense is too good and they will punish you at every opportunity. But their offense, while improving, is not prolific. They are also prone to turning the ball over. A healthy Colin England will be key. Also the Ryle QB will need to be well protected. If England is healthy, I take the Raiders.

What is the address of the Ryle vs. Clark game?

620 Boone Ave. It is actually at Campbell Middle School, around back of school. We built a new high school, but sports facilities have not been built yet. If you get off the first exit from I-64 and turn right, that will put you on the by-pass. Stay on it till it ends at a red light. A Shell station will be in front of you and a car dealership will be on your left. Stay in the LEFT turn lane. Take a left and school is just up on the right. Football field is behind the school.