Weather shortened games.

Tommy2tone

Would like some comment on this. I know there is another thread about tiebreakers and such BUT I am more concerned about the KHSAA deciding that the weather shortened games being official. Here is my point.

Team A vs. Team B.

Team A leads Team B 6-0 Weather problems caused the lights not to work at Team B's home field.

No makeup was scheduled and Team A was awarded the victory.

Now later in the season, Team B has racked up 4 wins with probably 2 more victories on their schedule.

Team A could find its way into a 3 way tiebreaker. The win over Team B could be very critical in the tiebreaker format.

Should KHSAA being using these results as official scores???

Rockcastle chose not to go back to Madison Southern only down a few scores.

A few others like West Jess didnt have a chance to make it up

Middlesboro and Grant Co was another

Good question. Scott and East Jessamine Played 5 minutes and that game was recorded as a tie. How will that figure in a tiebreaker??

I don't know, im confused. So Weather canceled games are not made up? It goes as a Tie or a loss? Or What? Say you had a team like Male playing (no offense) a 1A school that is like 0-8, say That 1A School jumps out and scores 3-0. Then they cancel the game and it goes on the record as a tie or whatever and then the 1A school was awarded the victory over Male!?

I don't know, im confused. So Weather canceled games are not made up? It goes as a Tie or a loss? Or What? Say you had a team like Male playing (no offense) a 1A school that is like 0-8, say That 1A School jumps out and scores 3-0. Then they cancel the game and it goes on the record as a tie or whatever and then the 1A school was awarded the victory over Male!?

Football games are difficult to make up. Travel, field conflicts, no common open dates make some non district games impossible to make up.

Usually it's up to the losing team:

- Fort Knox hosted E'town in football in 2014. E led in the second quarter. Storms hit. E came back the next day. More storms. FK offered forfeit or E to take score as is (E took the score as is).

- Thomas Nelson hosted Spencer County in football in 2014. Spencer County, which was highly favored, took early lead. Storms. Thomas Nelson offered Spencer County some return dates, a forfeit, or take score as is. SC took the shortened win.

- E'town hosted North Hardin in girls' soccer (a district game) last week. NH needed to win to get the 3 seed (and avoid top-seeded E'town), a loss made NH the 4 (and forced to play E'town again). E'town takes a 4-0 lead with 5 minutes left in first half. Soccer is supposed to get to halftime to become official. NH chooses to leave and not come back, giving a forfeit or E'town taking a 4-0 win. E was credited with the win and scoreboard says "called at halftime", but the game never made it to halftime (unless teams agreed to playing exactly 35:36 halves).

In the Male vs. 1-A case and 1-A is winning, I doubt Male would gladly/easily accept a 3-0 loss. They'd do everything in their power to finish that game or just make it counts as a no contest for both teams.

Only district games impact playoffs so non-district games are just not too important to make up or finish. I bet there is a lot more discussion if/when district games are impacted.

District games are a usually a little easier to make up since there is usually less travel involved. There's also more motivation as every district game is important.

Usually it's up to the losing team:

- Fort Knox hosted E'town in football in 2014. E led in the second quarter. Storms hit. E came back the next day. More storms. FK offered forfeit or E to take score as is (E took the score as is).

- Thomas Nelson hosted Spencer County in football in 2014. Spencer County, which was highly favored, took early lead. Storms. Thomas Nelson offered Spencer County some return dates, a forfeit, or take score as is. SC took the shortened win.

- E'town hosted North Hardin in girls' soccer (a district game) last week. NH needed to win to get the 3 seed (and avoid top-seeded E'town), a loss made NH the 4 (and forced to play E'town again). E'town takes a 4-0 lead with 5 minutes left in first half. Soccer is supposed to get to halftime to become official. NH chooses to leave and not come back, giving a forfeit or E'town taking a 4-0 win. E was credited with the win and scoreboard says "called at halftime", but the game never made it to halftime (unless teams agreed to playing exactly 35:36 halves).

In the Male vs. 1-A case and 1-A is winning, I doubt Male would gladly/easily accept a 3-0 loss. They'd do everything in their power to finish that game or just make it counts as a no contest for both teams.

Thank you

Only district games impact playoffs so non-district games are just not too important to make up or finish. I bet there is a lot more discussion if/when district games are impacted.

Non district games can impact district standings in the case of tie breakers within the district.

Well cam someone explain to me why they didn't makeup the last 6 minutes of a game called due to storms with Lafayette vs Scott County? That has playoff importance and it is one county over.