What a Weekend of High School Football

BillyBob1967

Ok, here is my weekly review for what I saw this weekend in high school football. A few friends and I ended up going to the SK/Cooper game. I didn't realize Cooper had so many kids hurt an out. SK is a very big and talented team, but the one young man who stood out to me was the #4 Winkler kid, about 7-8 catches, for 120 yards or so, and 2 TD's what an athlete, #12 the Powell kid looked very good as well, both players make everything look so easy. Winkler is the best hands down receiver in NKY. Any college program will be lucky to get this young man. SK has to be the fav. to win 6a, because of there depth, and overall talent. Having said that, I also went to the Dixie/NCC game. The best football player on the field was the #58 Machlitt kid of Dixie. I had seen him play against Beechwood, already and he was outstanding that night, but on Sat. he looked to be on a different planet. This young man looked like a video game in real life. He had to have 4-5 sacks, 7-8 tackles for loss, and seemed to be in almost every single tackle of the game. The thing that was so impressive about this young man is it was very hot, and he played both ways. I though he did a good job at Off. guard as well. He's hands down the best DE in NKY though. What schools are looking at him? I realize he has #76 Johnson with him as well, and both players are difference makers, but Machlitt was outstanding on Sat. his motor never stopped, very impressive. I do think SK will end up beating Dixie because of depth issues though on the Dixie side, but it was funny to watch such good football players this weekend, it was worth every penny spent. It's what high school football is all about. Save me a front row seat for the SK/Dixie game.

Serious question what was up with Cooper players, are they hurt, injured, grades, what? There had to be 7-10 starters out, what gives?

Probably scared of SK! :-)

It was mentioned in last weeks prediction thread that there were numerous injuries on the starting teams. Add a few more for JV and you can get 7-10.

Serious question what was up with Cooper players, are they hurt, injured, grades, what? There had to be 7-10 starters out, what gives?
Cooper had 5 Defensive starters out for the SK game due to injuries. I don't believe it would have made a difference on who won the game. Cooper was overmatched against SK. I don't think the score would have been as bad though. But we will never know. It is what it is.

This week Cooper has 4 Defensive starters that are missing the game against Scott that I know for sure. How much difference that will make, who knows. We'll find out Friday night.