KHSAA Bylaw 23: Difference in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 versions

Sun Tzu

As previously stated, the restriction say:

No individual camp (not a single postseason all-star game) may be held at a KHSAA member school, or at a facility utilized for games by a member school if that camp includes more than five (5) individuals from the same school during the entire camp. This includes camps sponsored by outside entities if a member school’s coaches are present or any equipment is issued to participants.

That is why players attend camps "off site".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok when I read this I don't see that it says you can't got. I see it saying it can't be held at an individual KHSAA member school. This doesn't say it can't be at a college or university. It also says it can't be at a facility that is utilized by member schools that means KHSAA so that would probably apply to Scott County who plays their games at Georgetown. What I see is that they (Scott County) could not attend that camp since it is their home field. I may be dumbing it here but no where do I see that they can't go to a camp at an outside entity or facility. It appears that again they are dancing around the issue here. Because it keeps talking about it held at a member school not at a college or university.

Once again, give me a scenario with a hypothetical team and I will show that it is illegal.

This is pretty straight forward:

There is no opportunity for any team activity in full gear prior to the first date of wearing gear on August 1. (not new, has not been allowed in past).

It is amazing how you are missing the point that as long as they have their own insurance at an off site camp, it is allowed. What is the difficulty in seeing that? It is literally spelled out in the bylaws.