Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom

YORK, Pa. – A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.

Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.

The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.

... asked her if I could get a selfie with her. And she was like maybe later, and I never got the selfie.

- Patrick Farves

Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom | Fox News

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YORK, Pa. – A Pennsylvania high school student is in hot water for asking Miss America to prom during a question and answer session at school.

Eighteen-year-old Patrick Farves said he received three days of in-school suspension Thursday because he asked Nina Davuluri to prom.

The senior at Central York High School stood up and popped the prom question, then walked to the stage with a plastic flower. Davuluri just laughed and the students cheered.

... asked her if I could get a selfie with her. And she was like maybe later, and I never got the selfie.

- Patrick Farves

Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom | Fox News

It would appear that the Fox News article title is misleading.

Of course, the lesson learned here is he should've shot first and asked questions later.

Why'd he tell his buddies (who obviously then told the school admin)? I'm horribly unsmooth when it comes to the ladies, but I wouldn't even blow that one — ignoring of course that I would never have sacked up enough to pose the question to Miss Am.

It would appear that the Fox News article title is misleading.

Did it say out of school suspension? Then it wasn't completely misleading and the second sentence made it clear it was in school. Headlines are notoriously misleading this isn't a Fox phenomenon...

#Haters

Did it say out of school suspension? Then it wasn't completely misleading and the second sentence made it clear it was in school. Headlines are notoriously misleading this isn't a Fox phenomenon...

#Haters

He wasn't suspended for asking Miss America to the prom. That is why it is misleading.

But, we do need to be clear. There are virtually no news media today writing headlines for accuracy. Headlines are written to get attention and hits online. Stretch the truth to its sensational limit.

He wasn't suspended for asking Miss America to the prom. That is why it is misleading.

OK I thought everyone was getting hung up on in school and out of school. But in a sense he was suspended because he asked her out...if he hadn't he wouldn't have been suspended. Even though I agree it was for doing what he was told not to do.