KHSAA finals vs UofL/UConn game (Take #2)

theguru

Let's keep this thread on topic.

I like the idea of pushing the finals back a week so we can play two on Friday again and two on Saturday. Whatever we do please please please make it two and two and not three and one.

Also, starting in 2007 I would either eliminate the bye week or if we go to six classes one round of the playoffs should/could be done away with and the games could be played on Thanksgiving weekend once again and then there would not be a conflict with playing games during the school day since everyone is off on Friday and this would help basketball out (and if anything helps basketball it is automatically a good idea in this state) by ending the football season one week earlier.

What we don't need to do in 2007 is play three and three on the same weekend we do now. Rumor I hear is the same state superintendent powers that be don't want football played during school hours (remember these are the same superintendents that think it is ok to play four basketball tournaments during school hours over several days but can't spare one day for football) on Friday are ok with playing a triple header on Friday (during school hours) under the six class format. I don't even want to get into how hypocritical and inconstant the state supers are in this thread, I want to stick to the schedule here.

Whatever the KHSAA decides to do in 2006 is ok with me because it is a special circumstance, however, I expect that starting in 2007 the football finals should be ship shape.

During that time of the year 3 and 3 would be a nightmare. The no playing during school hours is a joke considering it's fine to do for their cash cow.

Don't even bring up 3 and 3. The sparsely populated state of Kentucky with 6 classes of football? To even consider that is the biggest joke of 2006.

Let's keep this thread on topic.

I like the idea of pushing the finals back a week so we can play two on Friday again and two on Saturday. Whatever we do please please please make it two and two and not three and one.

If the finals were pushed back a week, wouldn't the KHSAA just use the same format it used this year? (I'm not in favor of that, but I think they liked it.)

Whatever the KHSAA decides to do in 2006 is ok with me because it is a special circumstance, however, I expect that starting in 2007 the football finals should be ship shape.

I'm not sure this will be a special circumstance in the future. In the world of 12-game college schedules, I'd think UofL should be hosting a game on this weekend every other year.

I don't think the KHSAA or Delegate Assembly has had any formal dialogue dealing with the 2007 realignment for football. The new 6A classification was simply a recommendation from the Football Coaches' Advisory committee. (Who did vote in support) It makes sense and provides some additional opportunity for many schools. From that point, there has not been any dialogue dealing with state finals or their format.

Realistically, the only scenario I could see happening if the finals are played at one venue and the state were to have 6 classifications of football, would be a 3 game and 3 game split schedule. It could be Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun. That could definitely change from year to year. The twelfth game for college football will have a lasting impact on these games from here out. The good and the bad with UL being a nationally ranked team is their uncertainty of having games being picked up for TV. I could see that the KHSAA will be forced to determine game times very late in the season. The recent article in the CJ stated that a kickoff time and television coverage for the UL/UCONN game may not be determined until only 10-12 days prior the game.

It makes sense and provides some additional opportunity for many schools.

I have a huge problem with this, but that is a different thread....

I think that the bye week should be eliminated and the finals should be Thanksgiving weekend, it just makes sense...Imagine how many more people would go to the championships with family being in town and such. Imagine this year's Trinity/X game, it would've been huge...

:thumb:

I have a huge problem with this, but that is a different thread....

I think that the bye week should be eliminated and the finals should be Thanksgiving weekend, it just makes sense...Imagine how many more people would go to the championships with family being in town and such. Imagine this year's Trinity/X game, it would've been huge...

:ylsuper: :thumb: :ylsuper: :thumb:

I would either eliminate the bye week or if we go to six classes one round of the playoffs should/could be done away with and the games could be played on Thanksgiving weekend once again and then there would not be a conflict with playing games during the school day since everyone is off on Friday and this would help basketball out (and if anything helps basketball it is automatically a good idea in this state) by ending the football season one week earlier.

I like this idea :ylsuper:

The KHSAA should consider the what is best for all of Kentucky high school football and not a draw for ONE game.

What format gives the most exposure for the MOST kids?

What format gives equal exposure to all classes?

Those two items should be the motivation when looking at solutions and whys to improve the current system.