Why do KY teams and others choose Not to play Trinity?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could ask, if based on recent years would X play them if not in the same district?

:lol:, as far as the x troll I was surprised to see it was an x guy who made this forum.

I am glad it was taken as sarcasm....sometimes things do not translate well.

Could the real reasons be some sort of variation of the following???

1. Opposing teams do not want to get embarassed, beat down!

2. Risk injury!

3. Scared!

4. Can't agree on gate distribution or commit to home and home etc. series!

5. No opening in schedule!

6. Opposing teams feel as if Trinity runs up score when not necessary! For example: Trinity up 35 - 0 at half and starters play nearly all of third quarter...

There maybe other reasons, but I would like opposing coaches to answer the question in this forum.

Thanks

I would think that if you have an up and coming program that you would want to play the best teams available in order to improve. That said, if you have an average or sub-par program, you probably are not going to be able to get Trinity on your schedule because you are not good enough, and you will not improve by getting beat 70-0.

I think when this first started the JCPS teams were trying to take a "stand" against T and then I think T said that they can compete and beat top regional teams that are much better than JCPS teams. So I think that T 's thinking is that they don't need in state schools unless they are competitive, such as BG and HHS.

I firmly believe that X would still play T even if they were not in the same district, but would T keep playing if they were not in same district?

If public schools separated themselves into all male and all female schools, then at least the male athlete pool would be close to the 1600 T carries. At the bottom of 6A (Student Count) some schools only have 700 males. The first step towards competitiveness with T is having close to the same student body class. In no other class do you have to compete with a program that has twice as many bodies to draw from.

This is why some of us advocate T and X moving to a gcl type league.

Or you could ask, if based on recent years would X play them if not in the same district?

The funds they split each year should answer that question! The last time St X tried not to face Trinity, the Archbishop of Louisville stepped in. Of course, that was 1956 and St. X won 48-0. The series was on despite the beat down.

If public schools separated themselves into all male and all female schools, then at least the male athlete pool would be close to the 1600 T carries. At the bottom of 6A (Student Count) some schools only have 700 males. The first step towards competitiveness with T is having close to the same student body class. In no other class do you have to compete with a program that has twice as many bodies to draw from.
If some schools would quit splitting and building new schools in KY........Trinity is at 1300-1350...