Brentwood Academy (TN) 7 Bowling Green 6 (JV)

PurpleHaze

The BGHS JV team suffers its first loss on the season tonight in a super defensive battle against one of Tennessee's premier gridiron programs. After a scoreless first half, the Purples had a chance to win as they went for a two pt conversion. Unfortunately, it failed. The JV Purples are now 4-1 and have outscored their opposition 135-19 on the season.

Glad to see BG play these type of teams. BG has shown they should be ready to play teams like BA on the varsity. I would like to see them play ST X., Highlands,& Trinity on a yearly basis . Being so close to Tennesse BG should also play BA or MBA ever year

If The Best teams in Ky would all agree to play yearly then this would be a great boost for KY football.

Have you seen Highlands JV Schedule? :scared:

We would love to have threads on every Highlands JV game but I can tell you posting about Highlands in a thread like this (where someone else is getting credit and you want to boast about Highlands) breeds contempt for Highlands.

No. We sure haven't. Why don't you start a thread on the NFL teams they'll be playing?

SAT/ AUG 25

TRINITY

H

11:00

SAT/ SEPT 1

MOELLER

H

10:00

SAT /SEPT 8

RYLE

A

SAT/ SEPT 15

LASALLE

H

SAT/SEPT 22

COV CATH

A

SAT/ OCT 6

WITHROW

H

SAT/ OCT 13

LEX CATH

A

11:00

SAT/ OCT 20

ELDER

A

SAT/ OCT 27

RYLE

H

Just for your entertainment!!

We would love to have threads on every Highlands JV game but I can tell you posting about Highlands in a thread like this (where someone else is getting credit and you want to boast about Highlands) breeds contempt for Highlands.

Just asked a question. Then I get smart alec answers!!

Just asked a question. Then I get smart alec answers!!

Forgive me. I left out my :D

I was just encouraging you to start a thread about it but let me ask you a question. Why in the world would we want to discuss Highlands JV schedule in a final score thread that a.) doesn't involve Highlands and b.) praises a school for stepping up to play the big boys in the mold of Highlands, Trinity and St. X?

Why is it everytime another Ky school gets a tiny shred of credit someone from Highlands has to pop up with a 'look at us, we do it also and we do it better' attitude? We are all aware of how extremely great a program Highlands is and we all appreciate and respect Highlands program as well(note the multiple references in this thread about BG hopefully stepping up to play Highlands in the future). I'd be more than happy to acknowledge how great Highlands JV schedule is in a Highlands JV thread.

Forgive me. I left out my :D

I was just encouraging you to start a thread about it but let me ask you a question. Why in the world would we want to discuss Highlands JV schedule in a final score thread that a.) doesn't involve Highlands and b.) praises a school for stepping up to play the big boys in the mold of Highlands, Trinity and St. X?

BG is nowhere near the level of Highlands, especially in terms of state championships. But BG has been playing St X or Trinity (The top 2 programs in the state) 8 years in a row. No other school in the state other than a district opponent has done that. Highlands hasn't played X or T in 6 years. They choose not to play them.