On Maxpreps.com SK is ranked 27th in the state. Here is how your top 10 is ranked in the state. SK is ranked better than 4 of those teams. I also think DuPont Manual should be ranked in the top 10 also they are 21st in the state.

1. Trinity (2-0) 1st

2. Saint Xavier (2-0) 3rd

3. Eastern (2-0) 26th

4. Male (2-0)10th

5. Scott County (1-1) 12th

6. Ballard (1-1) 37th

7. Butler (0-1) 23rd

8. Pleasure Ridge Park (2-0) 39th

9. Lafayette (1-1) 38th

10. Henderson County (1-1) 35th

Manual is imploding from within. Despite being a squad populated with very talented individuals, Manual has looked pathetic in both the big loss to 3A Central and the narrow 14-7 victory over a very weak Fern Creek squad. The Crimsons are no where close to deserving a decent ranking.

Having seen Simon Kenton up close and personal in the game-type scrimmage against St. X. a few weeks ago, I think once again like last year you are viewing your team through highly tinted lenses, and we both know how your team ended up last year. Four and five point wins over decent 1A and 2A teams, does not lend much support to your ranking argument for a 6A team. In regards to MaxPreps, they know a lot about Texas, but very little about Kentucky. They just see a 6A team who has a 2-0 record and assign them a "27" ranking. By the way, where did Simon Kenton end up last year in the Max Prep rankings? :cool:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Maxpreps.com SK is ranked 27th in the state. Here is how your top 10 is ranked in the state. SK is ranked better than 4 of those teams. I also think DuPont Manual should be ranked in the top 10 also they are 21st in the state.

1. Trinity (2-0) 1st

2. Saint Xavier (2-0) 3rd

3. Eastern (2-0) 26th

4. Male (2-0)10th

5. Scott County (1-1) 12th

6. Ballard (1-1) 37th

7. Butler (0-1) 23rd

8. Pleasure Ridge Park (2-0) 39th

9. Lafayette (1-1) 38th

10. Henderson County (1-1) 35th

Finally. Proof that none of us should take the Maxpreps rankings seriously.

While I won't say SK hasn't beaten anyone I will say they need to beat a 6A team before they warrant a top 10 ranking.

Just my opinion.

UK #1 Fan is reading the wrong polls. They've beaten Danville and Beechwood. They should be in the Top 10 in 2A.

Louisville paper. Yeah, they've shown themselves to be real powerhouse of high school football knowledge over the years also. How many teams do you think their people have actually seen?

Their votes are as good as anybodies on here. Everyone on here said SK wouldn't win a game and how they would be awful because they have no Simpson/Lawrence on the team. SK is 2-0 and on their way to be 10-0!

Their votes are as good as anybodies on here. Everyone on here said SK wouldn't win a game and how they would be awful because they have no Simpson/Lawrence on the team. SK is 2-0 and on their way to be 10-0!

I just want to see you guys beat a bigger school before I feel comfortable putting you in the top 10. You don't have to go 10-0 for that to happen for me.

Wow ripping on Maxpreps.com well you better rip on the Louisville Courier-Journal they have SK and Ryle in the top 10. :D

I won't rip on the CJ poll out of respect for those guys. Faced with the cuts they have been faced with I think it is safe to say their resources aren't what they used to be. I'll give them a pass on this one. It's early.

SK could beat any team from 3 to 10!

Maybe true but until Simon beats somebody they are not going to crack the top ten. Simon has graduated the ranks of beating a good A school in Beechwood. That does not warrant a top ten vote....no disrespect to Beechwood but it is what it is!

Scott Cty will beat SK as will 2-3 of the NKY 6A schools.